Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need Feedback On Guitars

BiC

Hi Guys,

Thanx for taking the time to read this.

Does anyone own one of the following? If so, please tell me what you think of them:

1. Fender Toronado American Special, not MIM!

-Singles or Humbuckers?

2. Washburn Idol Series WI64

I will definitely be purchasing one of the above.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated in helping me to decide.

Thanx!

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I've got no personal experience with either one. I have heard a lot of people are very fond of the Toronado, but that's about it.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some advice.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

:wave:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

Unfortunately, I've got no personal experience with either one. I have heard a lot of people are very fond of the Toronado, but that's about it.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some advice.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

:wave:

Thanx!

I really have not heard anything good or bad on the Toronado, but it definitely looks like a smooth ride.

I used to have a strat until it got stolen. I banged on it for nearly 15 years... sure do miss it!

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

That Tornado sure looks cool but I've never played one. I did mess around with one of Washburn's Idol series a few months ago and I really liked it a lot. I don't remember the model number but it had two humbuckers I'm pretty sure. It seemed like a very well-made guitar. I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was. It sounded really good through a Triple Rectifier but, than again, so do most things! :) Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck!
None more black.

Hey, welcome to the forum! Stick around.

You should do a search on this forum for "Toranado"; there was a guy here recently, a pro player from Gibraltar, who loved his.

As for the Washburn, I played a couple in stores, actually to try out amps, but thought that they were quite excellent axes for the dough. Nice feel, and good and versatile tones.

I suspect that I would go with the Washburn over the Fender Toranado myself, but that's quite subjective, and I've never actually played a Toranado.

If you can, try'em both out at real, live guitar shops! And if you do, let us know what you think!

Best o'luck to ya!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Thanx a lot guys. I will definitely let you know what I think of them if I can find them where I'm at. If not, I'll be "flying blind" with a net purchase.

Peace

i believe guitar player liked the toronado and the idol( reviewed in seperate issues) the toronado comes with either humbuckers or black dove ( p90) pickups. if you are thinking of the toronado with black doves try the godin lgsp90. i believe the idol has a different tone control setup that lets you fade between full humbucker sound or cleaner single coil sound . they both sound like nice guitars , but i haven't tried either. but( hooray for me!) i just got a godin lgsp90 today and it sings so sweetly. :D i guess it depends on what you are planning to play. i didn't help did i?

Archived