Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Amplifiers! Help! Suggest friend! :)

Mr Guitar player

Mr. GP. My experience (limited) with the Line 6 amps are that you should be able to get a great tone out of any of them. The rub on the Spider series is the power amp has no guts. If you're playing metal they aren't loud enough. If you luck out you might be able to find a used Flextone in your price range. :thu:

FYI - I've never been much of a metal guy. Over the years I've owned Fender, Lab & Musicman amps and have relied on a variety of pedals for distortion/overdrive. Don't know if that rules my suggestion out because of limited expertise. :D

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Guitar Player,

I dont know what I want now, you guys suggest expensive amps...

$350 is my range!

I'm not made of money you know... give me a good budget amp I'm desperate here...

well so far me and my friend are searching for an amp, I would get a tube amp but they are damn expensive, even used, at times...
mudcat,

Mr. GP. My experience (limited) with the Line 6 amps are that you should be able to get a great tone out of any of them. The rub on the Spider series is the power amp has no gets. If you're playing metal they aren't loud enough. If you luck out you might be able to find a used Flextone in your price range.
I tried a Flextone II amp out to audition a standard LP a week or two ago. Real nice clean sound and real nice Marshall sound. I didn't try any others, but I've heard that the "most metal" setting ("Wacked Out" or some crazy name like that_ is really over the top. I believe some of the Flextone III new effects / models are available for free downloading.

Musician's Friend had it (50W, 1 x 12) two weeks ago for $330 (unfortunately gone now) and ebay routinely has it, had it, (new, like new, lightly used) for $200 to $400 (the $400 ones usually including the footpedal controller that's around $200).

And just a general note, you'll get a LOT more bang for the buck with a used amp.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived