Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John Ashcroft - terrorism in action

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think that's bad listen to the Ashcroft Alert on this page! http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.jhtml?prgId=14&prgDate=February/24/2003 The man is out of control.
Searching for a new sig

Ashcroft was the first of Bush's BIG LIES. Thats why so many objected to him being made the top cop. There are people in Cali who are in jail for the medical use of Marijuana, even though the state said it was ok. States rights indeed.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

"The suspects, if convicted, face a maximum of three years in prison, a $250, 000 fine, or both, for each count in the indictments." So much for the land of the free, eh? :rolleyes: I mean common - 250Gs and/or three years for *each count* of manufacturing or distributing pipes or bongs? What drugs are these people on? Insanity!
meh

Uh, I decided I'm backing up our gov. I don't want to get thrown in jail! The fact is that our government is as much involved in the drug trade as anybody else. I know somebody that had their lives screwed for not going along with their bs. Hey, maybe the person is lying, but I've had experiences with this person that definitely make me feel he's telling the truth. BTW, an enquirer type rag in the grocery store checkout line had pictures of celebrities that have spoken out against the war, along with a picture of Bush looking mad. The title read "TRAITORS!"

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]"We are no longer [able] to hold free and fair elections. We need U.N. observers, U.N. troops"[/b][/quote]Does any of this affect sweden?

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

This is just a big, pathetic attempt to make themselves (the Justice Dept.) look effective. Paraphernalia laws are pretty dumb themselves - they give the govt. a bludgeon, but does anyone honestly think that, by making it impossible to buy these things, you will have had an effect on drug use? Back when I indulged in such things, we used all sorts of things. (Kids don't often have a lot of $$ for fancy bongs...) Bongs were built out of scientific glass tubing, which comes in all sizes necessary. I smoked out of pipes made from plumbing supplies, teapots, carved out of wood (or even fruits & vegetables!). I even knew guys who stuffed Tampax covers (paper ones) with weed to make giant spliffs. And then of course, there's cooking with pot - I had some medical-grade banana bread once that would make you comatose! So what then - outlaw all that stuff too? No scientific supplies, no plumbing supplies, no teapots, no paper goods, no wood, no hard fruits & vegetables, no baking utensils - after all, somebody might try to get high! :eek: I know - let's just lock everyone in their houses & confiscate everything but their Bibles and their TV sets - tuned to the Official Channel, of course. That'll keep us all nice and safe from ourselves... :mad: :mad:

Well it's more than an attempt to justify themselves, CK. They are actively harning those who probably disagree with their policies, although even such stalwarts of the right as William Buckley smoked pot. It's sometimes surprising to find out how often those who criticize things publically engage in them privately.

"So what then - outlaw all that stuff too? No scientific supplies, no plumbing supplies, no teapots, no paper goods, no wood, no hard fruits & vegetables, no baking utensils - after all, somebody might try to get high!" LMAO - at this point I almost wouldn't put it past them :D Seriously though, if any of you 'mericans get completely sick of all this, come on up north - we'd more than welcome you :thu:
meh

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]"So what then - outlaw all that stuff too? No scientific supplies, no plumbing supplies, no teapots, no paper goods, no wood, no hard fruits & vegetables, no baking utensils - after all, somebody might try to get high!" LMAO - at this point I almost wouldn't put it past them :D Seriously though, if any of you 'mericans get completely sick of all this, come on up north - we'd more than welcome you :thu: [/b][/quote]ya know what, I seriously thought about that a few years ago...I took a canoe trip up into Manitoba and Ontraio, we stopped in a little town called Powerview and met some of the people. Your government doesn`t make it easy for lower 48ers. Can`t imagine why.

Skip, Aside from the little town thing (the smaller the population, the higher the ignorance), I think things pretty much work like this: The American government pushes us around, we take it, our government responds by making it a PITA coming north. The American government does the same, while throwing in a few bonus PITAs, we accept it and everything goes quiet until the next dispute. Repeat [i]ad infinitum. [/i] :rolleyes:
meh

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]Skip, Aside from the little town thing (the smaller the population, the higher the ignorance), I think things pretty much work like this: The American government pushes us around, we take it, our government responds by making it a PITA coming north. The American government does the same, while throwing in a few bonus PITAs, we accept it and everything goes quiet until the next dispute. Repeat [i]ad infinitum. [/i] :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]no no, the little town wasn`t like that at all. The people were amazing. We had a tire go bad, and someone we hadn`t met before spent all night running around town trying to find a tire while we stayed up with his kids and watched the northern lights. Next day there was an indian powwow, we went there and danced with the indians. I happened to mention that I have indian blood on both sides of my family, and I got to meet the tribal elders. The air was clean, the water was clean, fresh produce was all over the place. It might not be a place to debate superstring theory, but the heck with it. That`s one reason why we have OT discussions here. Anyway, the PITA factor is definitely, well, a PITA.

Come on, Johns not all that bad. He's just misunderstood. Let's just chill out a little and listen to this [url=http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2002/02/25/ashcroft.sings.wbtv.med.html]nice song[/url] he made. See isn't that better? Soon there will be lots of songs like that and lots of radio stations to play them for you. Then we can all just sit back and listen to lots of nice songs. The medication helps though, pffffffffttt :) :) -------- Fishkid

"I've seriously considered it, though it's not as simple as it might sound." See above re: our gov't responding by making it a PITA coming north. This has grown worse in the past few months by our government responding to yours forcing mandatory fingerprinting and surveillance for Canadians, even those who regularly conduct business in the US and have done so for years. While I understand the need for security along our borders, a lot of it seems to be tied into the softwood lumber dispute, the latest issue between out countries. On the flip side, Canada has been experiencing a "brain drain", where skilled workers and professionals have been moving south to take advantage of better salaries. There's a bit of a bias there in terms of who gets in easy - if you're a skilled, educated professional, Canada welcomes you more readily than the average citizen. And, on the flipside to *that*, we have been accepting more and more drug war refugees for reasons such as this topic covers. Some are my closest neighbors and friends. I guess it's liberty vs. higher income at this point. We're all struggling - just with different issues. Peace, Harold
meh

Archived