Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Indonesian Buyers

Space_Ace113

I have been offered a trade for my 91 les paul studio and 350.00 american for a 70/71 les paul custom, i was just wondering if this deal was too good to be true, or whether i am probably getting scammed. i am kind of weary because of credit card fraud problems in that country any suggestions.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had two inquiries from Indonesia wanting to buy my instruments. In both cases the purchaser insisted upon immediate delivery within 48 hours of the credit card # being charged against. When I informed them that I required 1/2 down and a six week waiting period...well, I never heard from them again.

Smelled strongly like stolen card numbers.

here's the last e mail i recieved. Hi kevin,

I have 5x transaction international by bank transfer

and WU about furniture. If you trust me, i`m very

greatful.I will give you insurance about your payment

and items. so you don`t worry transaction with

indonesian people.

I hope you understand.

I will proccess quick after payment cleared.

Thank you

Regards

Heri kritanto

Originally posted by Space_Ace113:

here's the last e mail i recieved. Hi kevin,

I have 5x transaction international by bank transfer

and WU about furniture. If you trust me, i`m very

greatful.I will give you insurance about your payment

and items. so you don`t worry transaction with

indonesian people.

I hope you understand.

I will proccess quick after payment cleared.

Thank you

Regards

Heri kritanto

Have you even checked his/her feedback from previous transactions? If he/she has less than 25 or 50 transactions I would let it go. Especially because your instrument is probably a much better quality instrument. The 1970's were generally a bad time to buy a Gibson. Norlin almost ran their quality completely into the ground. Their are good 1970's Gibsons, but I'd have to see one to believe it before sending any money to anyone. Have you considered escrow to protect your investment while at the same time protecting the buyers ability to get paid if the instrument is what he/she promised?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Remember the old Anti-drug commercial warning American kids about traveling overseas with "dope". It went something like, "When you get in a hassle over there, you'll be in the hassle of your life." Well Indonesia is one of the overtheres they were talking about. If you are selling someting you value through the mail, stay within your own borders. Also, I recommend accepting something real secure, like a postal money order or maybe Paypal.

Archived