Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chances

Ok, here is the deal. Qyite happy with Delta 1010 and Tascam DM24. Here is the Prob. I hate the mouse mixing and the Delta only allows me 10 i/o. I want to add a Delta TDIF card to allow for more i/o but i'm afraid of that problem whenn you try to syn two 1010's with each other. I'm running XP PRO Asus MB CUSL2C 800 MHZ with the latest 1010 drivers. Looking to go ASUS + AMD soon. What do you think. Is it worth my $174.00 bucks. Card is $150.00 + Cable 24.00. Help needed to make decision. Can't afford the Motu right now. And not sure when. I'm getting mixing work and can't take the 10 track limitation anymore.
I could, but I shouldn't, I can but I won't. Bite Me!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This question might be better posed on some of the Recording Forums. There are three to choose from off of the main Expert Forums from Gig, EQ, Keyboard, Surround Professional & MusicPlayer board. You will find the recording forums listed under the EQ Magazine heading.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

[quote]Originally posted by Gee: [b]I want to add a Delta TDIF card to allow for more i/o but i'm afraid of that problem whenn you try to syn two 1010's with each other. [/b][/quote]Hello there Your Delta Card's control panel will allow you to select diverse Sync options. One of them is to select the "Multi-Card Sync" option on the second and/or third card you install (as slaves). However, a better option is to get them synced via S/PDIF. Configuring two or more Delta cards together can be done by linking the cards together through the use of external hardware lock via a 75-Ohm RCA SPDIF cable to allow synchronization between the cards. When linking Delta cards, one card sends the master clock signal. The rest of the cards that are synced must receive signal from the card sending the signal. 1. Connect the 75-Ohm cable from the out (white) S/PDIF connection of card sending master clock to the in (red) connection of the receiving card. Each additional card must be hooked in a daisy chain type of configuration. 2. Open the M Audio Delta H/W. The installed sound cards will appear down the right hand side of the panel. Select the card sending master clock. 3. On the Hardware settings tab of the master card select “Internal Xtal” for the “Master Clock setting”. In the “MultiTrack Driver Devices”, please select “multiple card sync”. 4. On the Hardware settings tab of all other synced cards, select “S/PDIF in” for the “Master Clock setting”. In the “MultiTrack Driver Devices”, please select “multiple card sync”. After these steps are taken, the hardware is configured for use. The only step left to be is setting up your application to use the additional card(s).

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Thanks Gus... This topic kept getting buried in all the off-topic rubbish; I noticed he had bumped it once already, and it was getting near the bottom of the page so I responded to pull it back into sight again.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

[quote]Originally posted by Anifa: [b]Thanks Gus... This topic kept getting buried in all the off-topic rubbish; I noticed he had bumped it once already, and it was getting near the bottom of the page so I responded to pull it back into sight again.[/b][/quote]... actually, thanks, Anifa ! This is important for my company... :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived