Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever worked in a place as dangerous as Chicago's E2?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Dec 24 in Newark was the most recent. Same scenario...one exit, 2nd floor. The security dudes used mace to clear a fight between two dudes (happened at the end of the show, club was 1/2 empty by then). Still, even with the perrer spray over 75feet away by the entrance, we were getting killed back stage byt he fumes. two guys had to be hospitalized for serious knife wounds. Prior to that?/ Too many to count. One time three dudes got shot (Tilden Ballroom, Brooklyn)..one inside the club, two outside - one dude collapsed by my car with 1/2 his face missing....

I remember a place called the Alibi Club in Michigan. Harleys lined up two deep the whole block in front of it. Plenty of "entertainment" besides the band...people flying past you and what not... :D Something about playing a biker bar reminds me of what it must've been like in the old west in a saloon full of ornery hombres.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

A country bar in Albuquerque, can't remember the name. About eight rough-looking dudes strode in, several folks immediately left (found out later they were security guards from the state pen), the fight began by the pool tables but soon worked its way to the stage, guys were swinging chairs, pool cues, and broken beer bottles. My keyboard stand got knocked backwards but I caught both boards, no damage; thank God my great-grandfather's fiddle was unscathed. I told the guys "bye" that night and never played in New Mexico again.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster the Love Doctor: [b] Something about playing a biker bar reminds me of what it must've been like in the old west in a saloon full of ornery hombres.[/b][/quote]Tell me about it.We played a huge Hell's Angels party in Montreal,one of the guards was stationed right behind our drummer(kind of a nervouse nerd :D )with a double barrell shotgun :eek: in case rival gangs decided to crash the party.Anyway.it turns out the party was a going away party for the old style bikers who were found murdered all over the provinces the next day and was a big story on the following day's news.I guess I'll do anything once.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Kandahar airport, Afghanistan. But you might say we had incredible security guards. Just about every soldier is required to carry their assault rifle at all times. One week prior we were in Qatar. We played an air force base in the middle of the desert. Apparently, they had to kill a local who stormed the perimeter with a rifle and refused to halt. Even with all the security, that made me think...

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived