Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I saw my dream guitar today...

Tedster

Yup. At Mars in Olathe, KS. Hanging up there on the wall, way-yy up high. Fender Custom Shop Strat. Maple fingerboard. Totally retroed out. Get this...AQUA SPARKLE, even the headstock...with a white pearl pickguard. Man, total surf mo-sheen...

I want this guitar. Now, what I want from y'all is to talk me into defying a horrible death {or possibly worse, CASTRATION} from my wife, and buying it.

I mean like "Ted, trust your dog, he gets by fine without his nuts, and he doesn't even have a cool retro Strat to show for it." Uhh..I think...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, are you ready to sing soprano?

Have you even played it or are you drooling just because of its looks? If I had to have it, I'd sell another one. Life is short.

BTW, what is a great satan infidel? I know what satan is and I know what an infidel is but I'm not sure what you mean with that tag. Whatever you are, doens't matter to me; I'm just curious. I'm not very well-rounded, so it's probably some cool line from some cool movie or something, knowing you.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Well, Duke, you're a great satan infidel, too.

It's what those jerkwad Islamic fundamentalist terrorists call Americans, especially those who profess Christian or Jewish beliefs. But in reality, all Americans are the "Great Satan Infidel" to people like Osama Bin Laden. And if that's what they want to call us who wave Old Glory and stand behind our country, then, I'm damn proud of it...(Lee Greenwood fades in in background)... :D

they got it wayyyy up high for a good reason, my brother...

take a tip from the wolfman. Chain yourself to the bed, give the wife the key (and the credit card), and tell her, no matter what you say, don`t turn you loose until you get over it-especially during a full moon.

And yeah, it may be a piece of crap with great looks. But if you try it, it may be the beginning of the end of your days as a tenor(I`m assuming you`re a tenor...)

Considering I just spent the most I ever have for a guitar on Tuesday, I'm not gonna try to talk you out of your Strat Tedster. I bought a new Les Paul Standard-vintage sunburst BTW. Sounds and plays exactly like my '76 Standard. I didn't need another guitar especially one that doesn't broaden my tone pallette, but I love Les Paul's so what was I going to do ? Please, no one start with the "Gibson has bad quality control" thing, let me have my week of total bliss with this instrument. I appreciate that.

It's calling your name Ted. Aqua sparkle with the white pearl pickguard....I love Fenders pickgaurds, they're beautiful. I just put a tortiose shell pickgaurd on my Fender Jazz Bass (brown sunburst), and it looks very "John-Paul Jones-like" now. It all comes down to finances. If you've got the money don't even hesitate, just buy it. You only go around once on this crazy planet and that guitar definitely has your name on it.

I know the gear lust versus wife who doesnt get it dynamic very well. ( If I told you how much I really invested in my gear i'd have to kill you to preserve my marriage).

So, here's a thought.

Spray some glitter on your wife - then make her really feel like a woman. Then buy the guitar and tell her whenever you play it it reminds you of her/that night. Write her a love song in it as soon as you get it.

If this works please let me know.

On second thought.... maybe you should just forget about it

(or her). :confused:

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

I like all the suggestions...uh...except Skip's. I think in the movie, Lon Chaney Jr. ended up getting away. OWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I saw a werewolf playing a retro Strat at Trader Vic's

His hair was perfect... :D:D:D

Buying an American guitar from an American retailer is you doing your patriotic duty to fuel the national economy during these trying times. Years from now, you can show your grandchildren what you did for America during this time of war.

Ted, because the spirit of this great country runs so deep within you, you'll also need a new Fender amp, some effects (American made, of course), and a cool strap.

Ted Said:

It's what those jerkwad Islamic fundamentalist terrorists call Americans

Just a quick point. The "GODDAMNBASTARDSUNSABITCHES" are extremists, not fundamentalists. Nowhere in the teachings of Islam does it say:

Pray every hour and.....oh yeah.....KILL WHITEY" http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/cwm/cwm/spit.gif

SteveRB said:

It's calling your name Ted. Aqua sparkle with the white pearl pickguard....I love Fenders pickgaurds, they're beautiful. I just put a tortiose shell pickgaurd on my Fender Jazz Bass (brown sunburst), and it looks very "John-Paul Jones-like" now. It all comes down to finances. If you've got the money don't even hesitate, just buy it. You only go around once on this crazy planet and that guitar definitely has your name on it.

http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/otn/funny/fruit.gif

This is a perfect statement.

Kendrix said:

So, here's a thought.

Spray some glitter on your wife - then make her really feel like a woman. Then buy the guitar and tell her whenever you play it it reminds you of her/that night. Write her a love song in it as soon as you get it.

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/lilly/hmm3grin2orange.gif

This is a perfect plan.

mzeger said:

Buying an American guitar from an American retailer is you doing your patriotic duty to fuel the national economy during these trying times. Years from now, you can show your grandchildren what you did for America during this time of war.

Ted, because the spirit of this great country runs so deep within you, you'll also need a new Fender amp, some effects (American made, of course), and a cool strap.

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

Ted, America needs you now more than ever. It's your patriotic duty to buy this guitar.

SteveRB said:

"Sorry kids, we won't be able to send you to college because your father had to live out his Dick Dale fantasy".

Hey, we're at war! http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/sarge/BoomSmilie_anim.gif

Sacrifices have to be made... :eek:

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

This has worked for me. Get the guitar, and say nothing about it to wifey. Oh, about a month or two later she'll say something like "I've never seen that guitar", you reply, "oh this thing, I've had it for a *while*, I just never played it much." (Which, incidentally is all true.)

At that point she feels that statue of limitations of bitching about it has run out rendering you safe again. ;)

Now, the Visa bill is another matter in itself., pay cash if available.

gonads still attached,

Hippie

In two days, it won't matter.

Well, damn it all, Skip, if you're single...you've got no excuse. Buy the amp! Hahahaha...

I saw a werewolf playing a cool retro Strat through a boutique amp at Trader Vic's

His tone was perfect...

Oh, and Steve...my kids will still be able to go to college while I'm playing out my Dick Dale fantasy...but Grandma won't be able to have the operation. That's all... :D:D:D

Found out something cool about my new guitar today. I told y'all I bought it at Mars...but, I guess it was a Mars/Fender exclusive...only a limited number. Only 100 like it were made.

How 'bout them apples? :D

Originally posted by Tedster:

Found out something cool about my new guitar today. I told y'all I bought it at Mars...but, I guess it was a Mars/Fender exclusive...only a limited number. Only 100 like it were made.

How 'bout them apples? :D

Good for you bro, I'm happy for your find. You will be able to get grandams operation, when you cash out the guitar... in 30 years! But, but, but now you have a better strat than me!! waaaaaaaaaaahhh! :(

In two days, it won't matter.

Kinda funny, since I bought the new Strat, my 14 year old daughter has been referring to my other Strat as "My Strat". I think perhaps she's right, but I still like that one, too.

But it's so cool. I also bought a cheap (but quite nice) Washburn acoustic, so the kids would have a decent acoustic to play on, and so we'd have another one around. Today my daughter and I were sitting on the front porch playing Sister Hazel's "Champagne High" and "Hotel California". Man, that is so cool, pickin' and a strummin' with your kids, especially once they start getting a handle on it. Hmmm...think I'll start a thread about it.

At that same Mars store, last May, after saying goodbye to our son (who has started his "adult" life in Lenexa/OP), my wife and I were sitting in the acoustic/amp room and I was playing this Yamaha classic. I'd looked at Godins and Washburns, but really liked that Yammy. I had for years lusted after the nylon sound, as my first guitar was a '66 Harmony classic, my second (which I still have) is a '67 Gibson C1 classic, which says on the label "Union Made" in Kalamazoo. I went from there to steel strings ('66 Tele, and a seventies Ovation) so I could keep up with my amplified friends.

Anyway here I was slobbering over this Yamaha that could get at least a little loud and she says:

"Get it. Happy (20th) anniversary."

Behold the power of Visa.

"He not busy being born is busy dying."

"I've been in trouble ever since I set my suitcase down."

- Dylan, about four decades apart

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Archived