Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good quality free kit samples

Found [url=http://www.nskit.com]here[/url] I've been looking for something like this for ages - very useful as an alternative to my real kit :)
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The nskit is great. Astonishingly good for a free sample. I think it has some of the best sampled ride cymbals I've ever heard. In its soundfont form, there are some quirks in the programming. For example, the panning of left and right snare strokes is pretty extreme, which, to me, is an odd sound. It gives me vertigo. Where's the drum? Easy enough to fix in Vienna. More problematic for me is the velocity layers on the snares. There's a lot of information, and some really fine samples, but some of the higher velocity layers seemed to be muted hits of some kind, not full ringing snare hits, so when you're trying to do rolls...it's a funky sound. Has anyone else noticed this? I bet the GigaStudio version is the true showcase version of the nskit. I only have Gigasampler, which is not good enough, so I'm stuck with the sf2 version. I just have to go into Vienna and try to fashion it to my tastes. The raw quality of the samples is fantastic, better than a lot of "pro" libraries, IMO.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

[quote]Originally posted by WFTurner: [b]Thanks for the link. I'll add those to my already unmanageable stash of drum samples.[/b][/quote]LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean. I really should organize my hard drive a little better, but I keep putting it off...
"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

[quote]Originally posted by Eurotrash sunsetman: [b] [quote]Originally posted by WFTurner: [b]Thanks for the link. I'll add those to my already unmanageable stash of drum samples.[/b][/quote]LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean. I really should organize my hard drive a little better, but I keep putting it off...[/b][/quote]My god, I have SOOOOO many samples and soundfonts right now, all of them freebies, and some surpisingly good. Can wait to check out this new link. (Really wish I read Geman, though) Don't organize, just buy a new hard drive.
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by d gauss: [b]bump...see above. -d. gauss[/b][/quote]The .wav files unzipped fine in winrar.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived