Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Music Gear Web Site, Gearbeat.com, Launched

Gearbeat

Ever wish you could instantly compare prices for a musical instrument or piece of audio gear from more than one retailer? Wish you could easily access music gear product reviews, feature and technique articles from dozens of your favorite magazines and webzines? Gearbeat brings these features and more to musicians everywhere through their new web site, www.gearbeat.com

Gearbeat features price comparisons for more than 4,200 products offered by retailers Mars Music, Music123, Musician's Friend and Sam Ash and more than 1,500 gear-related articles indexed from over 40 music industry magazines and related webzines. Gearbeat is the first and only music web site that features articles that are indexed and linked to product listings, making it easy to simultaneously read published product reviews and obtain price and availability information from multiple retailers. Gearbeat's index of retailers, products and gear-related articles is constantly growing.

For more information, contact Gearbeat at info@gearbeat.com or visit www.gearbeat.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, wait a minute...I know all of us Python freaks are dying to sing our songs...but...this sounds like it could be a useful site. Kind of a "Consumer Reports". After all, who wouldn't like to be able to do price comparisons on our favorite gear?

But, we all know that this is really...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Seemed like a pretty good idea...site is attractive enough but are your servers ready? I browsed a bit before it just stopped working...now I can't even connect to your site.

Also...is this site really consumer minded...seems more like a big advertisment for the larger companies to me.

Ted, I thought since Gearbeat had four posts listed, I'd do a search before I would start singing.

Here's what I found:

>>>Topic Name Date Forum/Archive

New Music Gear Web Site, Gearbeat.com, Launched Gearbeat 06-14-2001 The Bass Station

New Music Gear Website, Gearbeat.com, Launched Gearbeat 06-14-2001 Drum Talk

New Music Gear Web Site, Gearbeat.com, Launched Gearbeat 06-14-2001 The Keyboard Corner

New Music Gear Web Site, Gearbeat.com, Launched Gearbeat 06-14-2001 Guitar Forum

------------------------------------------------------

We all live in a Yellow Spam Machine....

This message has been edited by KHAN on 06-14-2001 at 06:14 PM

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Well I thought I'd see how "tasty" the spam really was so I clicked the link to gearbeat.com and well... it's been FIVE MINUTES loading the first screen with a Cable Modem... and it's not half way done.

Either the spam is getting them TENS OF THOUSANDS of reply's... OR... they don't know how or where to host their site... OR... maybe some "anti-spam" hacker / musician type is hitting them with a nice "denial of service" attack.

Oh, I hope it's the third one!!!

In any case... I'm too bored to wait anymore...

As 'NSync might say...

Bye, Bye, Bye

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Here's a link to another "on-line magazine" targeted at the music industry and "chock full of yummy pictures of all your favorite bands."

TigerBeat

http://www.nextlevel.com/tigerbeat/

Now THAT's SOME website!

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Considering that the cool portion of the content I found on Gearbeat came from (um ... was borrowed from?) MusicPlayer.com ... I think it is safe to say ... Stay right here!

DJ

This message has been edited by djarrett on 06-15-2001 at 11:43 AM

Doh, Here we go again........

All together now,

Spam.spam, eggs and spam!!!

Simon

------------------

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

Originally posted by djarrett:

Considering that the cool portion of the content I found on Gearbeat came from (um ... was borrowed from?) MusicPlayer.com ... I think it is safe to say ... Stay right here!

DJ

Oh no! Drummers in the guitar forum! Who's got a good drummer joke?!?!

Shhh...Rob...(whispers) don't get too upset. I've snuck over to Dendy's forum a couple of times...I even mentioned (horrified gasp) a GUITAR related topic, and Dendy was kind enough to forgive me.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived