Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone else love their Dano 12 string?

tld

Just bought a blue metal flake Danelectro 12 String last week. Put new strings on it....spent time with the boss tuner getting the intonation perfect on all 12 strings (12 piece bridge...awesome), then put a little lubricant on the metal nut to prevent the strings from hanging and causing tuning issues...wow.

This cheap little thing tunes, plays, and sounds like a very very very expensive guitar...and those oddly positioned lipstick pickups give it a one of a kind sound.

Wish everything in life was that good of a deal...

Tom

------------------

http://www.digitalaudiorock.com

The Protools Plugin Preset Co-op

http://www.digitalaudiorock.com

The Protools Plugin Preset Co-op

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good buddy of mine in Michigan has one. I've played it...very very nice!

I've got a Rick 360-12. Thing's a bugger to keep in tune. I'll never part with it, but I may pick up a Dano for another one...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I had one sent for review a while back - also in blue metalflake. What a great color that is! All it needed was a new set of strings and it played great and stayed in tune. It was otherwise perfect, right out of the box.

The Best $300 I ever spent on gear....I've got a blue one too,(though not like there's a whole lot of choice there). The lipstick tubes are just perfect, the neck is suprisingly fast, and the whole thing is remakably stable....PS...I also got a surf green sparkle 6-string bass which I'm going to convert to a baritone,(I bought it instead of the baritone cuz it's got a lot better tuners and bridge), that was before they released all the new ones. Musician's friend was blowing some out at $149! Unreal!!...Cheers....Cristofe Chabot....Stonetree Productions

Archived