Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2007 Reports

Geoff Grace

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arturia Origin is sorta like a Receptor, but mostly not.

Modules from Arturia's synths have been programed into this box to be used in a modular setting. From what I can gather from the vid at Arturia's website modules will be included from: Minimoog V, Moog Modular V, Arp2600 V, CS-80 V, and Prophet VS stuff from the Prophet V.

So in a way, this is a Receptor of Arturia software only. On the other hand, it is a software based modular synth with dedicated hardware control.

How ever you look at it, it makes March look like such a long time to wait...

GIGO

Originally posted by gliderproarc:

The Arturia Origin is sorta like a Receptor, but mostly not.

Modules from Arturia's synths have been programed into this box to be used in a modular setting. From what I can gather from the vid at Arturia's website modules will be included from: Minimoog V, Moog Modular V, Arp2600 V, CS-80 V, and Prophet VS stuff from the Prophet V.

So in a way, this is a Receptor of Arturia software only. On the other hand, it is a software based modular synth with dedicated hardware control.

How ever you look at it, it makes March look like such a long time to wait...

So is it really like a Nord Modular G2? Can it be operated without a computer?

By the way, Craig Anderton has been posting reports in the SSS version of this thread .

Edit: The SSS thread has been moved to a Harmony-Central NAMM forum. Its new address is:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513931

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The Korg R3 looks like a lot of fun. It's a small keyboard which has some resemblance to a MicroKorg (especially with its mic/vocoder combination), but is much more sophisticated. And has full-sized keys. Does analog modeling, a sort of FM modeling, USB, can record up to 16 things from the microphone (with the vocoder processing), and a bunch of other things. I heard that the list was going to be determined, but that it might be as much as $799, with a street price closer to $6-700. I think it might be shipping in March-April, can't remember for sure.

I apologize to anyone who might be waiting for my report. Not that I imagine it's crucial, but I did post that I'd try to write one and I still hope to. Life has been unusually busy lately and I just haven't been able to muster the time it takes to write at length.

If I can, I will.

My sincere thanks to all who did post their reports this year. They were both informative and helpful. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by DJDM:

... The big news is that I got married back in April and we are expecting our first kid this coming July! ...

Congrats man, that's the biggest news of all - i'm a new married, too, but kids are gonna come later (i hope)

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I too am too busy to post a full report at this point in time. I also am holding back a bit because I need to double-check what is NDA and what isn't. I did mark a huge "NDA" when appropriate, while taking notes during talks with vendors, but in some cases interruptions meant that I didn't get a final debriefing.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived