Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Softsynth: reFX Nexus

cnegrad

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNEGRAD... DUDE :rolleyes:;)

I'm just a little crazycurious...

What keyboards did you use to record your last CD with Deanna? Did you use softsynths? Did you record the parts at home, or in the studio?

Thanks,

Tom

PS Don't I owe you a beer? :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Oh multicolored one,

The jazz CD was all acoustic piano with the exception of Motif-Rhodes, so I assume you're asking about the Christian CD? That one was a combination of both hardware and software; including Atmosphere, EXS 24, Triton, Roland XV-3080, Motif Rack, Absynth, and a host of others. The next one (which we're completing the writing of now) will be less electronic, but will likely be all-softsynth with the exception of a possible Motif Richard Tee-esque rhodes. All keys and pre-production will be done at home, and all vocals will be done in a "real" studio, as will any human musicians. I don't have "the head" for audio. I leave that to professionals.

Originally posted by cnegrad:

New Softsynth: reFX Nexus:

CLICK HERE

(Now I'm just wondering if there's any truth to the rumor of an Atmsophere 2 to be annoucned at NAMM...)

I spoke to Eric Persing about a month ago and he told me that Spectrasonics will not be at the NAMM show this year so as to maximize their development time. He made mention that they were working on their new sound engine, but he didn't offer any other details.

Archived