Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ein Feste Burg...

Ricochet

I've got that grand old hymn of Martin Luther's, A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, on my mind. Been messing around with it on the tricone reso a bit, playing around with it on Christine the Hammond H-182, and after struggling a while trying to make up my own harmonization, pulled out the hymnal and started working with that. It's been too long since I've sight read and played with both hands on the keyboard (38 years) to be immediately facile with it; it'll take me a while. But setting up those big church organ voices on the Hammond with "Celeste" and reverb and playing those chords just sends shivers of glee through me! This is going to be a bit of a steep learning curve, but I'm going to get this one down. Then I'll see if I can put some basic pedal work with it.

BTW, I oiled Christine's machinery for the new year, and slopped a bit around in the process. It's an oily mess inside. But the tone generator's running quietly, took a LONG time to spin to a stop when I turned it off just now, and best of all, the oil has finally settled the mildew so it doesn't throw me into a coughing fit, and the room fills with that wonderful oil smell when Christine gets turned on and warms up.

:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ricochet:

... and the room fills with that wonderful oil smell when Christine gets turned on and warms up.

:D

:thu:

Here's wishing you better luck than Stephen King with Christine.

http://www.bettsbooks.com/christine.jpg

Archived