Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does someone know this piece?

viejid

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by eric:

Originally posted by stepay:

I'd say it's somewhere between Mozart and Bach. Kind of like a Mach piece.

[My apologies to Nigel Tufnel.]

But I don't think it is in the saddest of all keys. :)
Certainly not! That would have to be Dm! I got the This Is Spinal Tap movie on DVD for Christmas. I had the VHS before but loaned it to someone 6 years ago and never got it back. The DVD is so much better anyway with about 2 hours of extras. Good stuff.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Stepay:

If you haven't already done so, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch the film on the DVD with the audio commentary turned on. It has the three original "members" of Tap, in character, commenting on the movie as if they are still real people and it was a real documentary. It's all improvised, and it's without question the best commentary I've ever seen on a DVD. Absolutely f***ing hilarious, especially for fans of the flick, as I most definitely am.

Noah

Originally posted by NoahZark:

Stepay:

If you haven't already done so, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch the film on the DVD with the audio commentary turned on. It has the three original "members" of Tap, in character, commenting on the movie as if they are still real people and it was a real documentary. It's all improvised, and it's without question the best commentary I've ever seen on a DVD. Absolutely f***ing hilarious, especially for fans of the flick, as I most definitely am.

Noah

I will definitely do that! I haven't been able to watch everything on that DVD yet, but it's on my to-do list.

I saw them live in concert in the early 90s in San Francisco, and it was HILARIOUS. Bass player Les Claypool joined them for some REAL music on a couple of songs including some long outrageously great solos. My sides hurt the next day from laughing so much.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Come on keyboard people! I have more faith in you than that... Whistle it a couple of times and see if you can find that one friend you have that listens to nothing but classical music who may recognize it

please

pretty pretty please.... this crap is driving me insane

Okay, so I downloaded your 3MB .wav file :freak: and tried to glean some sort of melody out of it... but jeez, man, why not record your bass playing the melody line (it couldn't possibly be any worse)?

If all else fails, head over to Musipedia.org and enter the melody, including the proper rhythm of the notes, and maybe you'll find what you're looking for there.

nope, not it.... but i can why you´d think it is...

I think the original may be a violin piece, but i just guessed that the keyboard community may be better versed in classical music that the bass player´s forum

Originally posted by viejid:

nope, not it.... but i can why you´d think it is...

I think the original may be a violin piece, but i just guessed that the keyboard community may be better versed in classical music that the bass player´s forum

So it sounds like you may actually know what this is and you are just wasting folks' time. :rolleyes: I hope not.

If you had a more coherent source recording, this might be a little easier. It is just a big guessing game based on what you've supplied.

You may want to surf Mozart and Bach's catalog on iTunes until you find it. Unless you already know what it is.

I dont know what it is, i just know what it sounds like... if i were to hear it i would recognize it, and i can also recognize pieces that are not it...

I dont have a mic with me where i am, so i cant record the sound, but the gp4 version sounds as accurate as i could possible remember it.

Can you play more of it? Many of us are very familiar with Bach's keyboard literature, but I don't know that I'd recognize this even if I had just played the piece 5 minutes ago! Sorry it's pretty impossible with the sloppy time and brevity and one handed version.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Originally posted by viejid:

I know its a well known classical piece but i cant recognize it and no one i know has been able to tell me what it is.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/davidf/classical.wav

Is it really in a mode? Sounds like you are playing Dorian mode. If it were classical and it were minor, I would expect to hear the leading note rather than the minor 7 at the end.

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Okay, so I downloaded your 3MB .wav file :freak: and tried to glean some sort of melody out of it... but jeez, man, why not record your bass playing the melody line (it couldn't possibly be any worse)?

Are you serious?

I'm with Sven on this. What a jumbled piece of junk...and you've recorded it in CD-quality stereo--how considerate.

Please, take your medication!

regards,

--kwgm

Archived