Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New pianos for NE73 , different then NS76 ?

denistu

Hello,

Recently I have dowloaded the new pianos for my NE73 hopping to see a significant improvement. But, I was very disapointed. Even the 2 new pianos are quite weak. To me they sound very shallow, not much of an improvement over the original NE pianos.

I've even compared it to Grand Piano on my Roland XP-30 and the Roland ones sound much better, deeper and warmer, although XP-30 is much older and cheaper keyboard.

I thought that the new pianos for NE are the same as the ones found on new NS76/88 but to me NS pianos sound much richer.

Do you know if NS and new NE pianos suppose to sound the same or really there is a difference in the samples ?

Thanks !

Dennis

Nord Electro 3, Motif ES-6

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello C4,

Yep, you are right. I found what I was looking for in previous topics (I guess I am becoming lazy when it comes to the search option :) ). Apparently NE does not have the same samples as NS.

Thanks !

Dennis

Nord Electro 3, Motif ES-6

Make sure you are playing these new sounds in stereo. That's the only way to enjoy the stereo pianos on the Electro (though they are not my favorite piano sounds). The best piano in mono on the Electro is the original Steinway mono sample.

Archived