Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

recording interface

maxxx

ok so im looking for an interface that is up to 200$. usb or firewire, atleast 2 mic/instrument inputs, and with preamps on both inputs (preamps are good right...). any suggestions?

oh and does anyone have experience with the E-MU 0404 usb interface.. and would i just use both channel inputs on say the 0404 for example to get stereo recordings ? or should the interface have r/l dedicated inputs ?.. been awhile since ive been on here great seeing you guys again

micron.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im using a pc.. as far as pro tools i think im just going to use my hardware for now, ive got 2 keyboards (micron&qs) i plan on recording, maybe using a mic for some acoustic guitar stuff but thats it.. the main thing thats getting me right now is how to record in stereo with my keyboards through the interface.. (im speaking about any interface) ex :would i use channel 1 for left and channel 2 for right ?.. or what about the alesis io2 interface .. anybody try that thing ?... any suggestions on a 2 input interface for pc at all at 200$ ?
micron.

Bump...

I am in the market for the same item and have been told the USB can cause latency problems. I have no experience to go on.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

the usb2 speck IIRC supports data trnsfer rates up 400Mbits/sec... so in and of itself should not cause any latency issues... the caveate as i understand it is when using multiple usb devices concurrently...
"style is determined not by what you can play but what you cant...." dave brubeck

Originally posted by Byrdman:

I am using its bigger brother - the 1804 and I love it. Only thing I wish it had was some analog aux outs. but it has ADAT IO so I can expand that way.

i'm on a 1884 and your should be similar with the routing... assuming your running stereo you should have 2 more analog outs right??? configure them as your sends and return them to unused line ins... what software are you using???? :wave::wave::wave:
"style is determined not by what you can play but what you cant...." dave brubeck

maxxx, you may try the PreSonus Inspire - 4 simultaneous inputs (2 XLR, 2 1/4"), phono inputs (with RIAA filter), Cubase LE, bunch of loops, blah, blah, blah. You can also chain 4 of them together for 16 simultaneous inputs - it's a pretty sweet deal for $199 street price.

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Archived