Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick Corea Keyboard Workshop DVD

Song80s

I am a self taught keyboardist and consider myself intermediate. I play mostly by ear and my sight reading is basic

I do struggle with complex coordination and my right hand is overdeveloped compared to my left

Chicks DVD breaks down methods of composition, improvisation and practice. it is the exact type of instruction I needed to improve on weaknesses or tendencies I have

Chick demo's a Cole Porter tune ' Easy to Love and a Duke Ellington tune ' Mood Indigo ' . He does a clear job defining

' glitches' and how he solves fingering problems

I think this DVD is very good if you are seeking to advance your skills. it is $40 ( GC should have it) , a 60 minute DVD with sheet music and notes

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Edgar Summers:

Looks interesting-Here's a link!

http://www.shop.com/op/~Chick_Corea_Keyboard_Workshop_DVD-prod-21593229-41354667?sourceid=57

arghh, I overpaid for it. Oh well, I did help out my local GC

maybe I can use that as a tax deduction

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Originally posted by GregC:

arghh, I overpaid for it. Oh well, I did help out my local GC

maybe I can use that as a tax deduction

No, instead you'll be arrested for aiding terrorists. :evil:

:P:D

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

I think this DVD is very good if you are seeking to advance your skills --------

I found that DVD worthless and void of instruction

I think we need another opinion to break the tie

Well, for what it's worth, I picked this up back in 1990 or thereabouts... and I found it to be less instructional than I expected, as daBowsa stated... but not completely worthless, as I learned that even Chick Corea flubs notes... and the man should not be near a microphone while playing. :freak::eek:

On the basis of his atonal humming while playing, I could only watch this tape a couple of times before relegating it to gather dust on the shelf. :(

So no, I can't bring myself to recommend this tape/DVD to anyone, regardless of ability.

I think this DVD is very good if you are seeking to advance your skills --------

I found that DVD worthless and void of instruction

I think we need another opinion to break the tie

I rented this a few years back and thought the composition part of the video was pretty interesting but lost interest when he plugged Scientology near the end as a great way to increase awareness and memory. Not to dog on anyones religion but there is a time and place for this sort of thing and IMHO it just seems kinda tasteless in an instructional video of this sort.

I think its expected when it comes to scientology. There was a book called Contemporary Keyboardist by John Novello where Scientology was really pushed all the way through the whole book.. he even referenced Hubbards books...

Real shame... I gave it away as I just can't bear that kind of book.

Archived