Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Korg??

Mike Martin

So Craig Anderton and several other magazine guys were all invited to Japan to see "something" before its NAMM announcement. See Craig's post here -

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1474759

So what do you think it is??

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A new top-of-the-line arranger keyboard, taking the place of the PA1X pro... plus of course a few other things... :D
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Sound like it could be an arranger board, at least one guy seems pretty confident it is. The Triton technology has been beaten to death by Korg so it may be a workstation based on the Oasys technology. Heck it may even be a scaled down version of the Oasys. The number of Korg Oasys ( Is the plural Oasys' or Oasysi) on Ebay has been pretty amazing. It makes me believe either they know or strongly suspect Korg is up to something. I can't believe that many people would all of sudden want to sell their Oasys consdiering how great all the owners claim it is.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I agree with Silver Dragon. I now find 2 or 3 Oasys on Craigs List. But I think its mostly original ' impulse buyers' that need cash

and its no reflection on ' lack of greatness' etc

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Korg rules! Yamaha sucks! :D

If Craig is chomping at the bit to tell us then it has to be something awesome in my opinion. I'm gonna say it is a new workstation based on OASYS technology and the long anticipated replacement for the Triton series. Plus some other goodies too. :cool:

Korg is proud to show off their wares while Yamaha is so tight lipped you couldn't pry them open with a crowbar. :rolleyes:

I will be utterly amazed if Yamaha has a new workstation being released at NAMM. They will have fooled me and everybody else if they do.

Their new name should be called the NSA. :D

Mike

ooooohhhhhhh i can't wait to see what this is gonna be.

i'm agreeing with those of you about the whole Oasys Lite if you will

What's really going to bake you noodle later is, if i hadn't said anything, would you still have broken it?

I don't know why Korg would introduce a new w/s after spending big $$$ on the Oasys

If anything, they have have cool new add-ons, upgrades to the Oasys. That was the entire idea - software upgradeable

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived