Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg TR Rack factory PCG file...

C.J. Lewis

Good evening. I'm trying to locate the original PCG file for a Korg TR Rack that I have. The Program banks are G2G, but the Combi's have all been initialized. I have Googled to my heart's content, to no avail.

I seemed to remember posting this question here before, but I think I just dreamt about it... Any help you folks can offer would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited to add: Trinityhaven.com is defunct, Tritonhaven doesn't have anything for the Trinity, and Synth Zone hasn't seen any real forum action since September...]

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can download the TR-Rack Manual at the Korg UK Support website:

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk

-- Select "Downloads\Racks & Modules\TR Rack Expanded Access Module"

-- Look in the manual on printed page 12 section "10. Restoring the factory settings"

-- If I am reading it correctly the factory presets are stored in ROM, so you don't need an external .pcg file.

Originally posted by Martin Hines:

You can download the TR-Rack Manual at the Korg UK Support website:

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk

-- Select "Downloads\Racks & Modules\TR Rack Expanded Access Module"

-- Look in the manual on printed page 12 section "10. Restoring the factory settings"

-- If I am reading it correctly the factory presets are stored in ROM, so you don't need an external .pcg file.

Martin, I only wish it were that easy - I've done the Restore command to no avail...but, I'll try again because it's been a while ;-)

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

So the problem is solved? I was beginning to suspect the battery had died and that the factory ROM was no good anymore. If you still need the file, let me know, as I think I have a copy on my home computer as I did some intensive resource searches when I bought my used gear last year. Also, some of the sellers gave me floppies with helpful files.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived