Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Videos on Keyboard TV!!

Joe McDonough

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the whole series of Rudess interviews last night (a process made a little annoying by the ads for the paying sponsor, but what can you do). I also watched most of the Tony Monaco pieces. Really great stuff!

I particularly enjoyed having the opportunity to learn a little bit more about what makes Rudess tick, since I have taken the occasion to slam his hyper-technical, but unemotional (IMHO), playing in this Forum lately. Frankly, I feel like taking back most of what I said. I still think he's got a little bit too much of a love affair with playing fast ("Look at all these notes that I can play in really fast succession!"), but he's also a craftsman and a musician of some depth and cleverness, to say nothing of a wizard when it comes to mastering the technology available to keyboardists today.

I thought his solo on the Haken Continuum (with The Magazine's Michael Gallant laying down some warm pads underneath) was inspired. I wish I had a chance to play on one of those things, although I'm sure I couldn't make it sound like JR does!

Noah

Originally posted by NoahZark:

I still think he's got a little bit too much of a love affair with playing fast ("Look at all these notes that I can play in really fast succession!"), but he's also a craftsman and a musician of some depth and cleverness, to say nothing of a wizard when it comes to mastering the technology available to keyboardists today.

:thu:

I'm knackered right now, but it sounds like the videos are going to be well worth watching tomorrow.

P.S. If I can make one suggestion, it would be this: I appreciate the need to include ads among the various video clips, but, if it's feasible, I'd much prefer to see you guys post the videos in the same way, for example, that ABC makes its television content available online. If you want to watch a LOST episode on ABC's website, you bring up the whole episode, which is interrupted a few times for the sponsor's ads but without the need for tons of clicks to get through the show (and the ads). By breaking apart the interviews and video clips on KeyboardMag.tv into so many parts, and then including the ads at the beginning of, say, every other clip, it makes for a very chopped up viewing experience (especially since you also run the same credit sequences before and after each clip).

Just a thought. Keep up the great content, though.

Noah

nice studio Jordan got, I wish I had something like that for everyday use. I din't notice any sofa though...

First time I saw somebody plays on continuum.

P.S

I guess Jordan could be a very good piano teacher...

♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

BTW, i think that's not Jordan's studio... I think it's Avatar studio in NYC, one of the best in the world. I bet even Jordan would die to have Avatar for personal use :)
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I just finished Rudess and Monaco (I've never heard nor heard of "squabbling" on a B3 before). Both had great stuff. Nice job by all involved, and I agree with NoahZ' suggestion about making it one clip when you can.

And thanks for the reminder!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived