Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

srx - 11 piano card, help please

yannis D

Hi again

I purchased the SRX-11 Piano card from Roland to put it in my XV 2020 (after your suggestion :) ) and i got a question that needs an accurate answer. In the manual it sais that i need to remove the card form the XV and put it in the box it came with, in order to transfer it (travel check in check out etc) and i wonder how practical it is to remove the card from the module every time i have to to travel by airplanes. Do you think it is safe to leave my card inside the XV2020 during check in, or i should act accordingly for safety reasons? Did you ever travelled with it and had any problems? Thnx for any advice

Yannis

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer to this largely depends on how you transport your XV-2020 while travelling. Is it in a shockmounted rack? A regular rack? No rack? :freak:

If it's in a shockmounted, ATA-rated rack, you should be fine. If it's not, why the hell not? ;)

Seriously, if you're flying gear to gigs without having it in ATA-rated casing, you're just asking for trouble, SRX card or not.

The reason Roland advises removing it is because of the fact that the SRX cards are 'daughterboard' style cards that are susceptible to jarring and violent vibrations moreso than any other component in the unit.

At the very least, get in the habit of checking the unit after every flight, and ensuring that the card(s) are seated properly, prior to plugging it in.

Thnx Sven

I travell having the XV inside my M Audio gig bag (with my laptop+cotroller) and i always take it with me on board (airplane or bus, the same thing). It never goes with the regular suitcases.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I travell having the XV inside my M Audio gig bag (with my laptop+cotroller) and i always take it with me on board (airplane or bus, the same thing). It never goes with the regular suitcases.

I don't think you'll have any problem.....that's how I travel with it.

Archived