Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New SETUPS for RD700SX-SRX12

burningbusch

I've up uploaded a file which contains 36 new SETUPs (programs) for the RD700SX. Many of these require the SRX-12 card although the organ setups would be of value to someone who doesn't have the card.

Make sure you SAVE YOUR CURRENT SETUP before loading this one otherwise you'll lose them. You will need to connect your RD700SX via USB to you PC or Mac and then copy this file to the RD700SX.

RD700SX MP1 SETUP FILE

The file contains new Rhodes based on EP1 and EP2. It includes some B3 emulations that I think are a nice improvement over the stock organs. The clavinets are patterned after the Nord Electro clavs in terms of overall sound. There are also a few combination and miscellaneous programs as well.

I have not tried to recreate these patches for the Fantom X or XV-2020. Sometimes I use FXs that are exclusive to the RD700SX. Because the RD700SX has limited programming capabilities, alot of the "programming" takes place in the FX. I will be happy to discuss what I did on particular setups if anyone is interested in trying to recreate them in a different Roland synth.

Note: the organs are all set up as splits with the upper manual assigned to the top three octaves and the lower manual everything below that. If you want the whole keyboard to be the upper manual, just press the SPLIT button. You can also change the split point and save the particular setup. Also, remember you can change the drawbar settings for any of these as well.

PROGRAMS

DynamicPiano (RD)

RhodesEP1 EQ (SRX12)

RhodesEP1 AP (SRX12)

Joe's Phaser (SRX12)

ExpressiveEP2 (SRX12)

FusionRhodes (SRX12)

FusionPhaser (SRX12)

Tremolo RD (RD)

Wurly-OD (RD)

SRX Wurly (SRX12)

RD Wurly (RD)

Big FM (RD)

Human Nature (RD)

Zawinul 1 (RD)

Wurly Roots (RD)

FeelLikeMake (SRX12)

Fhat Pad (RD)

SuperFltPad (RD)

IKeepForget (SRX12)

Jimmy 1 (RD)

Jimmy 2 (RD)

Booker T (RD)

Black Magic (RD)

Oye Como Va (RD)

Born 2B Wild (RD)

DualClav+ CB (SRX12)

DualClav+ DB (SRX12)

DualClav+ CA (SRX12)

Cool Clav CB (SRX12)

Clav CB (SRX12)

Cool Clav DB (SRX12)

Wa Clav DB (SRX12)

HigherGround (SRX12)

Dirt Clav DB (SRX12)

Superstition (SRX12)

Orange Lady (RD)

Busch.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

What did you do on Rhodes EP 1 EQ ?

I have a XV-2020 with its editor software. I guess it won't load.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

Originally posted by Jazz+:

Thanks!

What did you do on Rhodes EP 1 EQ ?

I have a XV-2020 with its editor software. I guess it won't load.

This one is just EQ. Use the EQ FX.

Low Freq: 200Hz

Low Gain: 0db

Mid1 Freq: 250Hz

Mid1 Gain: -6db

Mid1 Q: 0.5

Mid2 Freq: 2500Hz

Mid2 Gain: -7db

Mid2 Q: 8.0

High Freq: 8000Hz

High Gain: -15db

I like to take out the low mids on any full Rhodes sound. It adds clarity and increases bark. There is a lot of high end in the EP1 waves and the attempt with the Mid2/High EQ is to reduce the high end bell tone. It would be nice if Roland provided a shelf with a steep slope, but there ain't one. Also, as the EQ is made up of cuts, you're going to lose some volume relative to other patches. On the RD700SX, I make up for this by increasing the input gain on the master EQ and running it flat.

Jazz, take a look at Hard EP1. I found it recently and think it has real promise.

Another thing. With EP2, try reducing the release on the amplitude envelope. This controls the key off simulation which is strong on EP2 vs. EP1.

Busch.

Just loaded it into my SX and thse setups are really great. I really love the organs, now this is something i can really use !!!

Busch, your work is much appreciated. Thanks !!

For 700sx owners..Is it possible to save a specific setup into another setup-file or do i have to copy every single parameter to build the same setup in the other setup file..The manual is only speaking of exchanging setup-files.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

Originally posted by EdMusic:

Just loaded it into my SX and thse setups are really great. I really love the organs, now this is something i can really use !!!

Busch, your work is much appreciated. Thanks !!

For 700sx owners..Is it possible to save a specific setup into another setup-file or do i have to copy every single parameter to build the same setup in the other setup file..The manual is only speaking of exchanging setup-files.

Thanks.

There is a workaround for getting single setups into another bank of setups.

- Let's call your standard setup MAIN. First save MAIN (EDIT, 5, 0, call it MAIN)

- Now load MP1

- Find the setup you want to add to MAIN, e.g. "Jimmy 1" Make sure "Jimmy 1" is selected.

- Load MAIN again.

- Immediately press WRITE and save Jimmy 1 to whatever location you want.

- SAVE MAIN.

You will have to do this for every setup you want to transfer over. You're just using the temporary edit buffer to move setups from one bank to the next.

Busch.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks busch. Great sounds. Now I can play Hammond again. Im just bought a Roland EV7 for volume instead of my old cheap Proel 16L and the Roland is worth the extra money for organ playing. Now the only problem is the keys. My fingers hurt and my only needs are other keys for organ playing. I didnt get your workaround for getting single setups into another bank of setups. Maybe Im stupid and dont understand the procedure. But thanks anyway. :thu:
Gear: Roland RD700SX, Roland SH32, Clavia MicroModular, Yamaha Stagepas 300, Studiologic CMK149

Archived