Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

String Cheese Incident Break Up

Garrafon

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Colorado jam-band kingpins the String Cheese Incident have announced plans to disband at the end of next summer.

The move was apparently made after guitarist Bill Nershi decided to leave the band to pursue other musical projects, including his acoustic trio Honkytonk Homeslice, which also features his wife, Jilian.

String Cheese's final tour will include a Thanksgiving stop in Atlanta and a New Year's stand in San Francisco, as well as dates in Colorado. According to a statement, there are no plans for the band "beyond summer of 2007."

In its 13-year career, String Cheese has established itself as one of the marquee names and major players in the underground jam-band scene, whose stars routinely sell out large rooms without the benefit of mainstream media attention or significant album sales.

String Cheese grew large enough to anchor its own amphitheatre tour in 2005, the Big Summer Classic, which also featured Keller Williams, Michael Franti and New Monsoon. The group also co-founded Madison House Inc., an increasingly successful entertainment company whose services including booking and management. String Cheese's albums

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCI is one of the bands I use as a model for how well indies can do for themselves.

Hopefully, it is just one of those situations where once they step away, pursue other projects, etc., it will renew their creative energies to put the band back together.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Bummer. I've known Kyle (keyboard player) as an acquaintance for a few years since I worked for GC, and sold him gear here and there. Nice guy - bummer about the band. I guess I'll have to make sure to catch one of their shows before next summer!

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Archived