Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Piano from Yamaha - Modus

orangefunk

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melody in F, Franz Lizst(?) ... the second piece. I had a bad connection that site and the msuic would stop and start - I have no idea how mnay minutes the entire demo was.

I played a very simplified version of that melody on a Lowery Organ when I was very young.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

Melody in F, Franz Lizst(?) ... the second piece. I had a bad connection that site and the msuic would stop and start - I have no idea how mnay minutes the entire demo was.

I played a very simplified version of that melody on a Lowery Organ when I was very young.

Thanks Dave,

I'm gonna check to see if I have that in my books. Classical music is something of a mystery to me, theres just so much of it... most of which I don't like (e.g. Mozart). However, now and again I hear something which I can relate to (Bach,Chopin,Brahms, etc)...

Yes, I like the contemporary design. It has a clean modern appearance that would fit well in a stylish living room. It looks like the speakers are under the lid. Don't be fooled into thinking it's portable - 82kg (nearly 181 lbs) likely due to the wood keys.

Some specs I picked out:

Wood keys (specifically the white notes - dunno about the black notes)

64 note polyphony (no surprise)

3 level AWM dynamic stereo sampling

40W ×2 3-way speaker system

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/epiano-keyboard/modus/h01/spec/img/index/pht_04_01.jpg

The melody on the opening segment of the Yamaha site starts with Albeniz's Tango from Suite Espanola, written early 1900s or late 1800s, a lovely piece, written .

Can't recall the name of the second number

The third is Chopin's Nocturne in B flat minor--absolutely gorgeous; one of my favorites.

On my headphones, the piano sounds a bit brittle and clipped. The chords swell nicely but there is something odd going on in there, as though harmonics are getting chopped off quite suddenly at some point.

Back to work for me!

Vince

Vince

The melody on the opening segment of the Yamaha site starts with Albeniz's Tango from Suite Espanola, written early 1900s or late 1800s, a lovely piece, written .

Can't recall the name of the second number

The third is Chopin's Nocturne in B flat minor--absolutely gorgeous; one of my favorites.

On my headphones, the piano sounds a bit brittle and clipped. The chords swell nicely but there is something odd going on in there, as though harmonics are getting chopped off quite suddenly at some point.

Back to work for me!

Vince

I have to agree with LearJeff on this one. :D

Looks like a balalaika-shaped digital piano with a red "Corvette shiny" hood. Absolutely horrible looking. :eek:

Yamaha's own description says it all : "Lifestyle oriented means delightful living"... :rolleyes:

Yep, sure. :freak:

Archived