Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FINALLY!!!

zeronyne

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks a lot nicer than any single midi-usb interface I've ever seen. And it's faster, more reliable, and doesn't cost 10x's as much?? And it's not made by Behringer???
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

What does the button do? Do popular keyboards support Turbo MIDI (simply a higher baud rate, no doubt)?

I highly recommend what I use, the M-Audio MidiSport UNO:

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/fit,325by400/brand,zzounds/uno-9e5a5c2e6f43dbcee60c929798916110.jpg

Never had such a simple, reliable, use it & forget about it device, other than a cable. And they were smart enough to put the lump at 25% from one end, so I can double it over twice and loosely tie it in a "roadie knot", and toss it in my gig bag. I would much rather have this single cable than 2 cables and a little box. 1/3 the setup/teardown effort, and I don't have to find a place to stick the box.

I wonder whether Turbo MIDI will catch on. If I were a keyboard vendor, I'd be more likely to just stick in a USB interface. But Turbo MIDI is probably cheaper, if it's just a baud rate increase.

What does the button do. Well what do think? It's warp speed for doing midi dumps.

That's what I figure.

I mean, how big a manual do you need for a midi interface?

;)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Archived