Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SRX-09 or SRX-04 added?

TaurusT

I already own the SRX-06 card for soundtrack music. Now I want to add either SRX-09 (world-card) or SRX-04 (strings-card).

I already own a JV-1080 as well (without SRJV cards though).

What would be the best one to add to my SRX-06 for soundtrack scoring? Please your opinion, I've been over the (somewhat useless) demos on the Roland site a hundred times.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These cards really cover completely different territory. It all comes down to what your needs are.

I own World. Although I use it primarily for it's pedal steel sounds, for scoring it's probably best for it's plucked and percussive African and Asian instruments, all taken from the old SRJV World and Asia cards. It has some strings, but non-symphonic types like country fiddle. Do you need those, or more symphonic strings? (I don't own Strings).

Yes I would buy the World card mostly for the percussion and asian instruments.

Although the question is if it's really worth it.

I'm using the SRX-06 strings-sounds now, but I'm not -only- doing orchestral music. Besides I'm not going to get to ultra-realism when it comes to orchestra unless I would switch to software..

However if it's really that more beneficial to buy a SRX-04 (symphonic strings) over the SRX-09 (world) then I would do that..

I've read a lot of bad comments about the SRX-04 though.

Is the lack of strings on SRX-06 worth enough to supplement it with a SRX-04 and skip the SRX-09? Or will it be enough to work with SRX-06 and SRX-09 instead?

Just a few added facts: both SRX-06 and SRX-09 are actually compilations of SR-JV80 cards... Funny enough I'd be adding old samples from a NEW (SRX) expansion-card series. Is this irrelevant? I don't own any of the "true" non-SRJV SRX cards to compare quality with.

Archived