Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help, Motif 6 problems turn STRANGE

BluesKeys

I was playing a gig last night with a band I had not played with in several months. I had all the specialty sound for intros and such saved to my Favorite's button. So I start to look for them at sound check. I hit the Categories button and then the Favorites button and the Favorites button doesn't work. No light in the button no change in the screen. I had to relocate all those patches and mark them on the Set list so I could call them up.

What a pain!!!

Any ideas what might fix this? If I re-initialize I will lose some cool patches I have built. I have an old slow, low memory computer so I never loaded the Yamaha software in it.

1. Can I fix this myself?

2. How do I save the patches I already created?

3. Has anyone else had this problem.

Now I have too pieces of equipment crapping out. My Roland KC300 is crackling, popping and cutting out.

What's a poo man to do? :(

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about someone step up BUMP?? I guess I'll have to MotivatHER.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Hey Jim... not sure if this might be the problem, and I'm basing this on my Motif ES, but... if you set Favorites, and don't "save" them, they're lost when you power off.

Also, if you don't have any favorites set, then the Favorites button won't light up.

Based on your description, I'm not sure if you (a) were aware of that, or (b) tried to set and use Favorites after the problem showed up.

Of course, if you already knew that, then disregard this post ;) , but I figured I'd ask. :)

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Hey Jim... not sure if this might be the problem, and I'm basing this on my Motif ES, but... if you set Favorites, and don't "save" them, they're lost when you power off.

Also, if you don't have any favorites set, then the Favorites button won't light up.

Based on your description, I'm not sure if you (a) were aware of that, or (b) tried to set and use Favorites after the problem showed up.

Of course, if you already knew that, then disregard this post ;) , but I figured I'd ask. :)

Ok, I should have said I've had all the patches saved in Favorites for over two years. No problems calling them up. So I go for several months not using them and then it doesn't call them up. I wonder if that is some sort of reset, clearing thing. If you don't use it you lose it.

Worth a try, I'll let you know how it goes Sven.

John, I haven't loaded any files into it. I have only built a few performance patches for horns, strings & horns and such as that. I will try saving some patches to favorites and see if that is it.

I went onto Motifator forum and found a lot of questions about buttons going bad but have yet to find answers.

Thanks guys

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Originally posted by BluesKeys:

Ok, I should have said I've had all the patches saved in Favorites for over two years. No problems calling them up. So I go for several months not using them and then it doesn't call them up. I wonder if that is some sort of reset, clearing thing. If you don't use it you lose it.

Well, I'd doubt it... and I was pretty sure you'd used Favorites in the past, but I had to ask the obvious questions first. :D

I went onto Motifator forum and found a lot of questions about buttons going bad but have yet to find answers.

Can you confirm that the Favorites functionality doesn't work at all? What happens (now) when you try to set a patch as a favorite (from the Category patch lists), then try to enable the Favorites button?

Hopefully it's not a bad button, but that would be one explanation... :(

I finally got a chance to pull out the Motif and fiddle with it. It appears that EVERYTHING I had saved in the Favorites Catagory was deleted, wiped out, phist it was gone. Hence the light wouldn't light up because nothing was there. Now you can't do this by accident because it ask you "are you sure?" and you press yes or no.

SO why did the Favorites clear itself? That has me befuddled now.

Good side is it saves patches to the Catagory Favorites button. That means all is well, but it sure created a panic when I walk on stage and my fav's are gone...

I will now have a list of patch numbers handy so if it does occure again I can at least call them up without having to SCROLL for them. A LESSON FOR US ALL.

Thanks for the insight guys and yes I feel stupid that I didn't wait and do a thorough check first. Panic makes you do silly things.

If the guitar player's amp had not blown 2 fuses that day I would have been holding up the next song trying to find patches. But the amp situation gaveme some time to Scroll through and mark everything ON PAPER.

Cheers :)

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived