Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave, what is the difference between the A, S, & P series ADAMs?

Darcity

Dave, I am upgrading my home studio and I am finally ready for some new monitors. The Mackies HR824s were great but now I am ready for the next level. Speaking of next level, I took your advice a while back and I did get the Ultrasone HFI-650s ("ADAM" cans for the ears..big difference from the Sony 7506s)

Anyway, what is the significant difference between the A, S, and the P series monitors?.

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amps, motors, and woofers.

The A series use 50 W amps per driver, the P series use 100 W amps per driver and the S series use 250 W amps per driver.

Also as you go up, the motors (voice coils/magnets) on the woofers get bigger/more robust (the folded ribbons have no voice coils).

There is also a difference in the woofers. The A series use paper (ANF10), carbon fiber (A7) and foam sandwich (Artist). The P series use uncoated Nomex (P11A, P33A) and coated paper (P22A). The S series all use Hexacone woofers.

Glad you're digging the Ultrasones. I still love mine... :thu:

dB

ADAM Audio USA

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by 6 cents:

Is there a big difference in sound quality as well as power and speaker materials?

Sound is in the ear of the listener. It's a very personal choice. There are people who prefer the sound of the P series to the S series, and vice versa...and none of them are wrong. In the end, what matters is what works for you, in your room, with your music.

It is, however, worth noting that since all ADAMs use the same type of tweeter, they all have similar top end and imaging.

dB

ADAM Audio USA

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived