Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andromeda Sequencer Question

synthetic

Can you make the Arpeggiator play the sequencer, or does the sequencer play the arpeggiator? I want to "latch" the sequencer, but it doesn't do that. So my bright idea is a one-bar latching arpeggio playing the sequence. Any idea how to do that?

This is so I can turn my 16-voice analog polysynth into a metronome, if you must know. I have a guitar pick wedged under the key, but was looking for a more elegant solution.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Andromeda was already sitting there, so that was cheaper for me than driving somewhere to buy a metronome. Hell, I'd pay another $5 in gas to get to the shop and back.

Did I mention that the Andromeda plays through my DM-3200 console into my ADAM S2As? How's THAT for the metronome-to-kick-all-ass?

Originally posted by synthetic:

This is so I can turn my 16-voice analog polysynth into a metronome, if you must know.

This is a frigging sacrilege, and you will not be forgiven until you'll have programmed ten original patches from scratch. Go now. :D

BTW, if you just need a click, why don't you play just one note in arpeggio mode, with all parameters at zero/default? It will latch.

Unless you want accents in your click... (then, see Jeff's advice) ;)

Originally posted by synthetic:

Did I mention that the Andromeda plays through my DM-3200 console into my ADAM S2As? How's THAT for the metronome-to-kick-all-ass?

You'd be on the cover of Metronome World Magazine, if it existed. :D

- Jeff

Archived