Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for Vocal Only, a.k.a. A cappella tracks...

Urbanaut

I think this is a good forum for this question. I've been wanting to jump into the remix game, and wanted to get some practice with existing rap and vocal tracks from popular songs. I am wondering if there is anywhere online or otherwise where I could get my hands on some vocal only tracks from name people, like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Madonna, etc... whoever. If anyone is privy to information that they can share, I would appreciate it.

Or if this is not a possibility due to music business practices, I would also be interested in knowing about it.

Thanks in advance,

Urbanaut

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will have to find a DJ or someone else who has connections to the artist/label in order to get acapella versions of songs for those artists.

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The fact that you're looking for individual tracks from commercial releases will result, more often than not, in failure. These tracks are obviously not available to the general public, as the only way to access them is to have access to the multitrack tapes (or ProTools files).

What you should look for (via Google) is artists that are allowing the public to do legal remixes. For example, Peter Gabriel recently released the individual component tracks for Shock The Monkey for people to do remixes.

So, do a Google search for remix. At the very least, it will provide you with other forums/communities dedicated to doing remixing, which will most likely lead you to other legitimate sources for remixing practicing.

Good luck. :)

Archived