Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electric Pianos...Need a good song

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Steve Nathan:

I now realize that even gently blowing into one's own horn belongs on that SYOD thread :rolleyes:

...actually, isn't "blowing you own horn" the very definition of SYOD ??? :cool::D:freak:

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Originally posted by Steve Nathan:

wow....
Sorry. It's just not my cup of tea. One thing you won't find around here is 100% agreement on anything :D
oh, ok. i thought you meant that you never heard of it, hence the wow. its cool, i dont expect everyone to like that song, but to not have heard of it is...well...unheard of ;)

As for "Never Loved a Man", again I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that it's Aretha herself on the wurly and Spooner on that old Hammond of Rick Hall's (with the mic on the speaker under the key bed). I see spooner less and less these days, but I'll remember to ask him whenever I see him again.

I heard this tonight, but I was sleeping in the passenger seat and kind of woke up to it. I need to refresh my memory with another listen, but I realized that I forgot about all the ac. piano on this track. I still think it may be Aretha on the wurly. I'll try to get the definitive answer if I can.

Originally posted by Trill:

Give a listen to Joe Sample with the Crusaders on the CD Groove Crusade

Yeah, and 'Street Life' with Randy Crawford has a lovely Rhodes solo. Oh, and anything by Donny Hathaway gives you plenty of scope to step to the front - those glisses and other flourishes always start the guitarist rolling his eyes and feeling neglected - which can't be all bad ;) .

Archived