Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steely Dan Tour '06 - reports from the shows

Jon May

Howzit

My wife and I went to the Dallas show. Frikkin' AWESOME. I can now die a happy fan. One odd thing - they didn't play a single 'post-2000' song. The whole set was drawn from their pre-hiatus hits. I suspect the set list changes from night to night, and it might be interesting for those that catch the tour to report back here. Y'know...keyboard spotting, did Don wear those Ray Charles shades every show...?

The songs I can remember were, in no particular order...Bodhissatva, Time Our of Mind, Hey 19, Do It Again, Dirty Work (with verses alternated by the divine ladies on vox), Aja (oh my God!), Kid Charlemagne, Dont Take Me Alive, Green Earring, My Old School, Black Friday, I Got the News, Peg, Josie...

So it was definitely a crowd pleaser, but I would have also liked a selection from the more recent albums.

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a nice setlist and I would be totally with that show. Now, if they could manage to throw in "Caves of Altamira" & "Home At Last", I would be in heaven :D

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived