Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steely Dan Concert

Moog_Man

The thing about us older folks is, we don't CARE what younger people think about us when we are having fun. We are comfortable enough in our existance that we do what we want, not like young people who have to fit in with all the rest of the clones. I've never been at a concert having a good time dancing around and then see some young hip guy and realize that I'm not cool enough to be having fun.

Live: Nord Stage 3 Compact, Nord Wave 2, Viscount Legend

Toys: Korg Kronos 2 88, Roland Fantom 08, Nord Lead A1,Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP

www.echoesrocks.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a very, very, very (you will get the point in a second! :) ). I saw the Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows (get it!) on Saturday night. Great show.

In the row in front of me, this late 20s/early 30s guy was dancing and grooving with his girl to the point that they were almost having sex. It was totally inappropriate as there was several kids (not mine) sitting next to me. After the Goos performed, they left, much to the joy of everyone around. Here's the funny part: Said guy comes back with a different girl for the Crows and proceeds to gyrate with her!

Talk about being God's gift to women! LOL!

Hmm.. "Full of Old People". Well why not? Steely Dan were big in the 70s and their target audience nowadays would definitely be people in their late 30s and up. I can't imagine a Steely Dan show would be filled with 20 somethings. They are not a glam band, never were a MTV type band and their music is a complicated mix of jazz, randb, funk and intelligent lyric themes. No Stairway to Heaven or Freebird in their reportoire. And those are great songs, what I mean is, people aren't going to be shouting out "Babylon Sister" at my cover band bar gigs. Their stuff is great but I cant see it reaching across all ages like other classic rock groups. I just went to see a Dan tribute band Fri and the crowd was definitely mid thirties and up.

John

Archived