Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hancock, Carter & Cobham on BET Jazz

Blue JC

This month's Clasic Concerts on BET Jazz is a 1992 all acoustic concert of the Herbie Hancock Trio.

Herbie Hancock, on a Bosendorfer with the extra black notes at the bottom, is brilliant. Ron Carter on Bass is lyrical with his signature double and triple-stops. Billy Cobham on drums is incredible.

And, it's very well recorded. All three get extended solo sections. You can hear everything perfectly except some of Cobham's toys that only come into play during his extended solo section.

Highly recommended. Catch it if you can. Classic Concerts on BET Jazz.

Best,

JC

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks JC for the heads up. I will go set the dvr for this one. I was watchin' one of Herbie yesterday with a version of the vsop band with Ron,Tony Williams, and Wynton & Branford. Killer.

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

What day do they have this Blue JC?

Classic Concerts: (Wednesday 11 a.m., 7 p.m., 3 a.m.) (Friday 9 a.m., 5 p.m., 1 a.m.) (Saturday 12 p.m., 8 p.m., 4 a.m.)

Classic Concerts offers phenomenal performances by a range of artists. If you cant be there in person you can see them right here on BET Jazz. This hour features some of your favorite jazz artists from around the world doing what they do best. Artists include Dizzy Gillespie, Joshua Redman, Charlie Byrd, Arnett Cobb, Nina Simone and many more.

Check out www.bet.com

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

if this is the show that was released by TDK jazz then I think its the one Ron and Billy have been trying to get royalties for, for all these years. They even contacted Mr H's organisation but so far no luck...

how crap is that..? You are at the top of your field playing with pro musicians yet you can't even get an answer from your fellow musicians...

Archived