Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD700SX setup 000 changes?

I thought this would be easy but I'm afraid I need help again (I'm logically challenged I think).

Busch kindly showed me how to control the Leslie effect startup/stop by assigning 106:MFX CONTROL to a pedal.

I'd like to have that as the default when powering up. I'm guessing I need to change it in the 000 setup. Is that possible? All hints welcome! I've RTFMd and fiddled about but got nowhere. I can change some parameters I see but I can't get this one to stick. Arghh..

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roland REALLY needs to make a Video User Manual for this beast!

I looked in the manual and, on page 59 on the bottom, it reads:

"This SETUP<000> is the Setup containing the stored settings for ONE TOUCH [PIANO] OR [E.PIANO]; the contents cannot be overwritten by pressing the [WRITE] as with other setups."

I guess you'll just have to use another User Setup.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by GuitarPlayerSoCal:

Roland REALLY needs to make a Video User Manual for this beast!

I looked in the manual and, on page 59 on the bottom, it reads:

"This SETUP<000> is the Setup containing the stored settings for ONE TOUCH [PIANO] OR [E.PIANO]; the contents cannot be overwritten by pressing the [WRITE] as with other setups."

I guess you'll just have to use another User Setup.

Why a video manual, what's wrong with the reading the manual that comes with it?

Originally posted by Bobsk8:

Why a video manual, what's wrong with the reading the manual that comes with it?

Dealing with a Roland manual is like asking "Why take a Calculus class when you can just buy the Calculus book and teach yourself?" ;)

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

My V-combo has the one-touch feature as well and you can't change the presets for those, however, it defaults to the first patch when you boot it instead of the one-touch sounds.

Maybe there is a way to make the RD700SX go to the first patch when booting.

No signature required.

Dealing with a Roland manual is like asking "Why take a Calculus class when you can just buy the Calculus book and teach yourself?" ;)
IMO, this is an old school comment back to the Roland JV days. Back then, the Roland manuals were poor. This was a common complaint for other manufacturers.

Shocking news, times have CHANGED. The Roland manuals are greatly improved. The Rd 700 or Rd700sx is easy to use. If I need to crack the manual , it takes about 1-2 minutes to grasp what I need to do

I think Setups are the way to go on the RD

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I can change some things in the 000 setup of course but they are only the one touch Piano and EPiano settings. Very powerful, very useful. Power it up or hit the one touches and there you are. Great.

Except the midi controls (like my 106:MFX control) its just irritating. Switching from piano to T-wheels I want that leslie control right there - I don't want to have to go to a specific setup.

I was just wondering if it were possible but not documented at all (or not very well).

I'll pop off a note to Roland support anyway.

I have no complaints about the flexibility of the sounds and options which I think are easy to use and powerful. As Busch says, the "shift +" is really easy. I just want to change the default. Ah well.

Thanks for your help chaps.

I have the new Rd300SX and the VK8M and both manuals have provided 99% of the information that I have needed to properly operate both instruments. My RD 600 had an addendum to the sequencer recording which cleared up all the problems that the original owners manual had, but it was made available fairly soon after the release of the product.

I have helped to write owners and repair manuals for equipment that is a good deal more complicated than the items that we talk about here on this forum, and , I think that Roland does a pretty good job with the current crop of manuals. It is also my feeling that people think they can glance over a manual and learn everything about the product they are using, rather than having to put some time in to actually read and study the manual. When I get a new keyboard, I read the manual several times from cover to cover and still refer to it when I have a question or problem.

• 2 years later...

Time has moved on bit since I last visited . Does anyone know if the DAMPER foot control can be assigned to start/stop the Leslie effect? There is nothing much about it in the manual and I'd like to be able to do that with a pedal as well as use both other FCs.

On a related subject I don't suppose the Leslie speed can be controlled by an expression pedal?

On a similar subject, has anyone been able to make sound assignment changes to the Upper 2 and Lower 1 & 2 tones within a One Touch Preset? I want to change the string sound that is on UPP 2 for the One Touch Preset pianos and can't seem t get that accomplished.

Thanks,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Archived