Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keb Mo & Bonnie Raitt @ Montreal Jazz Fest.

DanS

Keb & his band put on a great show. The vibe was sweet. His keyboard player 'borrowed' John Cleary's Hammond, and used a Kurzweil PC2 for his piano sounds. One of his guitar players was from Halifax, woo hoo!!

I've always wanted to see him in concert, and he did not disappoint.

Bonnie took the stage afterwards and launched into a couple of tunes from Souls Alive. John Cleary started off the show by playing some New Orleans style piano on his XV88 (nice to see some pros using "vintage" gear ;) )

He had an Electro2, his Hammond, and one of those Roland percussion pads for when the urge grabbed him.

The guitar interplay between Bonnie & George Marinelli was really nice.

She brought Keb out for the encores.

I've never seen a 'rock' show at PDA (usually the home of the MSO), and it sounded great. We were fifth row.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon Cleary is one of my favorite keyboard players. Check out his solo albums with the Absolute Monster Gentlemen. "Pin Your Spin" is the newest I believe.

I saw Keb Mo with Robert Cray at a fantastic show.

Of course, Bonnie Raitt has always got it going on.

All three of these artists are doing interesting things in the blues.

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Sounds like a cool show. My band plays two Keb Mo tunes -- Soon AS I Get Paid and I'm On Your Side. Great stuff from him.

Would love to see him live.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

I've only seen Keb live once (opening for Bonnie a few years ago) and I think he comes across better live than on his albums. His albums are good, but I think they'd be better if they weren't so "produced" sounding. IMO. :)

Sounds like a great show!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I agree Joe, he is better live than on his studio recordings. Live his tunes spread out a little, more solos, more groove & low down funky bits that really come alive.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Two of my favorite artists. Add Delbert McClinton to that show and I would be drooling.

Beer and women make me do that though, ask Gas.

:D

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived