Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soft Synth Options - color me confused

Byrdman

I want to buy a good soft synth based piano.

I want an absolutely top class piano.

I would like to able to use the synth as a basis for other sounds as well (ie by adding sample libraries)

I am not sure to what extent this is feasible. Seems like most of the pianos are shipping with a builtin engine. There's a few shipping with "Kompact" but I don't know if this is a limite version of Kontakt and if there are upgrade paths.

Anybody with the knowledge, please share it.

Thanks, David.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by soundscape:

Originally posted by Byrdman:

I would like to able to use the synth as a basis for other sounds as well (ie by adding sample libraries)

Why do you want to be able to do this?
If you want to layer sounds with this piano, just use a sampler for loading your other sounds and set them to respond to the same MIDI channel.

Why would they need to be in the same plugin?

Anyway, another vote for Synthogy Ivory, I find it plays better than NI Akoustic, but neither of these are going to load your sample libraries :confused: .

If you pick up something like Kontakt then you have a lot of choices for piano. I'm happy with the PMI Piano Magic bundle running through Kontakt. You can also add other sounds, do a bit of synth editing to those sounds, and create some nice multi's.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by soundscape:

Originally posted by Byrdman:

Why do you want to be able to do this?
In a word - learning curves. I would rather work with one interface than two or three. (OK, that's two words)

Archived