Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

[Solved] Stumped...why is my Midi Controller keyboard sharp by a semitone?

Hi gang,

I've just got hold of an old 2nd-hand Midi Controller Deyboard (Evolution MK-449C) and I'm having a ball with it - there's just one problem though - the keyboard is a semitone sharp. (Hitting middle C plays C#, F plays F#, etc.)

At first I assumed it was a problem with the software I was using to play it, but I've since tried two other programs and both of them do the same thing. This isn't a big problem, but when I'm jamming with other people it gets a little challenging to be constantly transposing.

I'm very new to this whole midi-controller thing, but if anyone could give any suggestions why this is happening, I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers gang,

- JB :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

Your controller has two buttons, labeled OCTAVE + - / TRANSPOSE

Depress the " - " once to get it back to the root C. If it goes down an entire octave instead of a semitone, then depress BOTH first at the same time to switch from OCTAVE to SEMITONES, then depress the " - " button.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Does the pitch change when you move the pitch bend wheel? Usually on one of the wheels there are springs that bring the wheel back into position. Is that the case? Have you tried a factory reset? Is the software for the keyboard up to the latest and greatest version?

I don't own one of these boards, so I am just throwing out questions for you to consider.

Archived