Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Amp or Stagemonitor??

Killerloop

Hi! I am playing 3 keyboards (S90ES, Nord Stage, a PSR9000) and my Computer (AU/VST Instruments)

I play in 2 Bands (one is a Rockband with 2 Guitars where I have to play Organ, Piano, Epiano and some Synth Stuff (Leads and lots of PADS!)

The other one is a not so loud band (Jazztrio or sometimes a singer. And then sometimes I play alone with my PSR 9000 (So also Brass Sounds etc.

Till now i just heard myself from the PA (I had no Monitormix)

So i want to buy a Moonitor. (I think a 12" Speaker would be a very nice choice) HK Dart or Dynacord AM12.

For small Gigs i could use them as a PA too! (Just for small section with a sainger and Bass or so.)

But now I heard from specific Keyboard Amps. Motion Sound (e.g KBR 3D

Is this a better choice than Stagemonitors?

Can i take the Monitorsignal from the rest of the band and put them into this too?

Is it good as a mini PA, or a as a normal Monitorbox (on Gigs i would put the Monitorsignal in this box too and mix them in the box)

Which are the pros and cons between such a Keyboard AMP and normal Stagemonitors like HK DART or Dynacord AM 12?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killerloop:

Take a look at a Roland KC-300. Maybe the newer model is KC-350. My KC-300's are a 12 inch speaker plus a horn. They have a four channel mixer input and a 100 watt output which I think will handle your needs. They sound good and weigh about 40 lbs. I use two of them because the stereo effect is a good thing. I to have a S90 ES, but do most of my gigging using my old Alesis QS-8.

Bob Stiffler

Bob Stiffler

Originally posted by Bob Stiffler:

Killerloop:

Take a look at a Roland KC-300. Maybe the newer model is KC-350. My KC-300's are a 12 inch speaker plus a horn. They have a four channel mixer input and a 100 watt output which I think will handle your needs. They sound good and weigh about 40 lbs. I use two of them because the stereo effect is a good thing. I to have a S90 ES, but do most of my gigging using my old Alesis QS-8.

Bob Stiffler

Bob Stiffler

For what you'd spend on a pair of the Rolands, you could get the Motion Sound KP-200S. I tried the older Roland KC 300 and thought the acoustic pianos were quite poor and "clangy". I hear the newer Rolands are better, however (the 350, 550, etc.).

The Motion Sound would suffice on it's own for your quieter gigs and has XLR outputs that can go to a PA if you need more volume.

I hope this is of help.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Hi Thanks. Di you think the Motion sound (I would like to have the KBR 3d ist also good for Synth Sounds, Ac Piano and Brass Sections? (I know it is very good for Organ and Vintage EPianos)

Is it OK to play Midifiles thru it? Imean there has to be everything (Bass Drums, Brass Guitar etc)

Or is for this a Stagemonitor the better choice?

Hi Thanks. Di you think the Motion sound (I would like to have the KBR 3d ist also good for Synth Sounds, Ac Piano and Brass Sections? (I know it is very good for Organ and Vintage EPianos)

Is it OK to play Midifiles thru it? Imean there has to be everything (Bass Drums, Brass Guitar etc)

Or is for this a Stagemonitor the better choice?

Archived