Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bach Expert Question

Bobsk8

On the Art channel the other night I watched a family of pianists ( Husband and Wife and their son ) play a piece written by Bach for 3 pianos with an orchestra. They were fantastic...... The man looked to be in his 70's. Does anyone know the names of the pianists and if a recording is available?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can imagine it was the concerto for 3 harpsichords, strings and continuo in... a key

There's one in D minor and one in C major

As the conventional orchestra as we know it today wasnt around then or the piano thats the actual name. Although it works just as well on piano.

Also that family are Casadesus family i think. Gaby, Robert and Jean!

...and finally a recording is available link to amazon at amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002B6G/002-8525637-3814454?v=glance&n=5174

You are reading my signature!

Originally posted by Edd Z:

i can imagine it was the concerto for 3 harpsichords, strings and continuo in... a key

There's one in D minor and one in C major

As the conventional orchestra as we know it today wasnt around then or the piano thats the actual name. Although it works just as well on piano.

Also that family are Casadesus family i think. Gaby, Robert and Jean!

...and finally a recording is available link to amazon at amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002B6G/002-8525637-3814454?v=glance&n=5174

Edd,

Thanks, that is name of the family........

Glad to see I'm not the only Bachaholic out there!

Is there a 12-step program for those of us who want to detox? No jokes about the Well-Tempered Clavier and its 12 keys, please!

But honestly I haven't hit rock bottom yet.. and am still in denial about it... and then all you #)$(*#)* ENABLERS come along!

Seriously, I enjoy Bach a lot, even if I am a mere guitarist and mandolinist ... but a great player on those instruments can do justice to the master, too! And luckily, not everything he wrote is of monumental difficulty!

Archived