Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gonna see Ray Manzarek Tnite

Paul Clancy

Riders on the storm playing Dublin tonight and I cannot wait! Ray's a longtime idol of mine. Shame its only two of the orig Doors but I hear Ian Astbury does a fantastic job instead of Jim.

Must try and think of excuses to get them to drop over to my place afterwards for tea.....

The Big Spoon-Irish Funky Soul

www.bigspoon.ie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian's from The Cult, right?

I would really like to see that show. I'm not so into the doors, but being a keyboard player and a fan of live performance, I'd love to see how it goes. Keep us updated!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Fantastic night, Ray appeared to be using some kind of Alesi board, I felt he could have been louder in the mix but was fantastic gig. He used a very 80s electric piano sound instead of a rhodes for riders on the storm which i wasnt mad about but Spanish Caravan and Five to One were outstanding. Robby was very forward and a lot more proggie then Ive heard him on doors records, very impressed! Great melodic jamaican bass player and great, tight drums. Ian really looks, sings, acts and feels like Jim but not in a stupid or pretentious way, totally respecfull. About 6000 were there I think so it was full of energy but not to jammed.

Really recommend anyone who likes the Doors goes to these if they come your way.

Rays last words were "now go home, get high and make love". I managed to do all three :D

The Big Spoon-Irish Funky Soul

www.bigspoon.ie

Archived