Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mr. Ward - How are you liking that KB1015?

kad

Hey Dick,

Now that you've been using the Korg KB1015 amp for a few months, I'm wondering what you think of it? Does the sound quality hold up when you push it (strings and brass don't make your ears bleed, etc...)? Has it been reliable?

I've used a complete PA as my stage amp for many years because I like a "big" sound behind me, but I am very interested in this amp as a possible replacement...

Thanks!

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carvin KB1010 Actually. My band and I both agree, his is the finest investment I've made. It's a perfect stage monitor, it pushes sounds well, and I don't have any issues with strings at all, which I used to BIG TIME with the PA I was running through. No sounds in particular cause trouble. I love that the direct out is built in and the volume is seperate from the mains. I can crank it and point it right at my head and the rest of the band doesn't have to have it through their monitors.

At practice I hook up a 15" speaker to it as well and it really rounds out the sound even though it's a kind of crap speaker. I would love to hear the 1015 really cranked.

I've heard a lot of keyboard amps and most of them just don't do it for me. I want loud and I want clean, and I get it.

If you have any specific questions about the amp, I'll do my best to answer. I don't know too terribly much about technical things, but I can send my guitarist over to the forum for that. What I can tell you easily is that I get the sound I want and it's handled gigging with me, which speaks very strongly towards it's reliability. :D

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

For some reason I was thinking you had the KB1015...

Anyway - It sounds like this is a great amp. I'm going to try to get one before we hit our summer concert season.

Thank you very much for the feedback - it is very helpful!!

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

No worries man. I definitely wanted the KB1015, I can tell you that. The thing that the 1010 really has over it for me anyway is that it is a wedge, and so is great as a floor monitor. I suppose you could easily run a cable out to a wedge speaker, but I like it all in one (less to pack in our little Astro).

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Archived