Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EXB SMPL & SIMM modules

INXs

:wave:

Hey everyone. Hopefully someone can help me out here..... I just ordered the Korg EXB SMPL Sampling Board and 64mb of memory for my Korg TR61. It should be here tomorrow. I was wondering if someone could (in laymen's terms please) tell me what benifits these items are going to give me??? I appreciate any help anyone may be able to offer as I am new to all of this. I just bought the TR in January and the manual is more than a little bit confusing to me.

Thanks,

Tom

:D

Gear: Korg TR-61, w/EXB-SMPL & 64mb SIMM, Peavey KB3... Computer: PC, AMD 64 3500+, ASUS A8N-E mb, 1-gig OCZ 3200, DVD-RW, nVidia 6800GT, 100-gig SATA hdd, SoundBlaster X-Fi, 200w JBL sub, Vintage (1974) Bose 901 run through a VSX-456 home stereo.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I received the SMPL and SIMM yesterday. I'll install them in my TR today. Could still use some insight if anyone can offer any.

Thanks,

Tom

:D

Gear: Korg TR-61, w/EXB-SMPL & 64mb SIMM, Peavey KB3... Computer: PC, AMD 64 3500+, ASUS A8N-E mb, 1-gig OCZ 3200, DVD-RW, nVidia 6800GT, 100-gig SATA hdd, SoundBlaster X-Fi, 200w JBL sub, Vintage (1974) Bose 901 run through a VSX-456 home stereo.

well, Tom, google is a good thing:

EXB-SMPL Sampling Upgrade adds two audio inputs with mic/line switching and a variable gain knob, a SCSI interface and support for 48-kHz 16-bit linear mono/stereo sampling. Sample waveform editing functions including Crossfade Loop, Truncate, Normalize, Time Slice, Time Stretch and Rate Convert give you the editing possibilities you expect from a sophisticated sampler. You can also connect to external SCSI devices, making it possible to use a wide range of storage media or to access CD-ROM sound libraries. AIFF, WAVE, AKAI S1000/3000 (samples and multisamples) as well as Korg format data are all supported.

The EXB-SMPL Board comes standard with 16-Mbytes of SIMM memory. This allows approximately two minutes, 54 seconds of monaural sampling, or approximately one minute, 27 seconds of stereo sampling. You can install a maximum of two 72-pin SIMM memory modules* to expand the memory to 64-Mbytes (when the standard 16-Mbyte module included is replaced by two 32-Mbyte modules)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived