Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which IEM?

Goran

Hi!

I am a keyboard player and I want to buy custom earphones for my hardwired Shure PSM600 system. My options are:

- Ultimate ears UE-5 Pro (dual driver)

- Future Sonics Ear Monitors (? driver)

- Westone ES1 (single driver)

- Westone ES2 (dual driver)

What are your opinion? Also tell me is there some remarkable sound difference between single and dual driver earphones (because single driver costs about twice chaper then dual driver)?

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean by "Custom Earphones". But as for off the shelf stuff, I use and love Ultrasones. HF650s mostly for listening. In the studio I stick to Sony 7506s because I can hear the piano and the HiHat cut through the muck.

Sorry if this is unrelated to your question, but I tried. :D

Steve Nathan

Goran, I have the dual driver UE5's, and I love them. They cost about $250 on the street, and made a HUGE difference over the old Shure E1's I had used for years. I did listen to the triple driver Westones while playing at their booth at the NAMM show...

Lovely. Wonderful. Like Heaven on Earth. Almost as good as Ultrasone headphones ;)

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

What is your opinion: Is it ok to get eg. Westone ES1 single driver earphones ($375) or to wait and save money for eg. Ultimate Ears EU5pro dual driver ($700). (The latter ones (dual driver) are double expensive than these with single driver)

..... :confused:

Originally posted by Goran:

What is your opinion: Is it ok to get eg. Westone ES1 single driver earphones ($375) or to wait and save money for eg. Ultimate Ears EU5pro dual driver ($700). (The latter ones (dual driver) are double expensive than these with single driver)

..... :confused:

Goran,

Both Ultimate Ears and Westone are very good earphones. I use the ES-1 and am very pleased with them.

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Archived