Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

is it GAS or acid reflux?

BluesKeys

I bought my RD700 about 1 1/2 years ago and have just finished a studio project of solo piano. I am very pleased with how the accoustic piano sounds on the CD. I am even happy about the Rhodes patch I put together for the recording. I have live recordings with several bands and it fits in the mix just like I like it.

The dilemma is, I would like to have the SRX11 and SRX12 expansion cards. I believe these are the ones that give more accoustic piano and more and better vintage EP's.

The cost will be roughly $500. Now if I sell my RD700 and buy a RD700sx, won't I be getting everything I want for a few hundred more clams?

I am confused at this point so I probably won't do anything.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, having upgraded to the SX from the old RD, which I played for years...

I would make the jump to the SX for simple reasons. The more I play on it, the more I'm enjoying the simple different things. For instance, I like the additional nice things like the dual dual one touch pianos and eps. I really like having two pianos and two eps at my disposal at any time. I like the EQ WAY WAY WAY better than the original RD. I like having XLR outs. I, for some reason, prefer this display over the original.

YMMV, of course, but I know you won't be disappointed.

Originally posted by BluesKeys:

I am confused at this point so I probably won't do anything.

A few beers will clear your mind. :P

Happy St. Patty's day & Go Heels. :thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

A few beers will clear your mind.

Happy St. Patty's day & Go Heels.

Tom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, words of wisdom from the gas man hisself.

Now for the rest of you guy's thanks for the input. But do I loose the 1st piano patch from the RD700 when I go to the sx?

I doubt I would use the XLR outputs since I run two keys and a module. I will continue taking out of my amp or a mixer so I control the levels for FOH.

I know the EP's on the sx are better than my 700 but I haven't heard the SRX12 and I guess I'm wondering would I be missing something? I have been trying to tweak the suitcase rhodes on mine and I haven't figured out how to save what I tweak. But I got the specs on the tweak from this forum and it sounds good. It's just I have to tweak it back up everytime I turn the board on. In fact for the CD I've been working on I did the tweak and layered the NY Rhodes for more bark and I'm real happy with what we recorded.

Thanks guy's

Cheers

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

You should be able to save your tweaks by just writing them to a SETUP.

As far as the advantages of the SX over the original, there are many but it's hard to say how important they will be to you. I will say the RSX-11 board doesn't sound quite as good in my Fantom as it does (internally) in the RD700SX.

If I were you, I'd take a wait and listen approach to see if the new SRX-12 board is on the mark.

Busch.

busch, thanks

Come to find out I had written it to setup but didn't change the name. I couldn't figure out where it went. As I scrolled through it had replaced 001 which was a second grand.

My guess is the tweak I got was one you had posted here. I used the tremelo 62 instead of 63 Auto pan. But I am pleased it works now.

:thu::D

I still want to hear both cards against a 700sx. When is the RSX-12 due out?

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived