Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sample playback keyboard question

Hey, guitar player here, minimal key experience. I want to set up a little rig in my studio with a specific purpose.

I want to play back piano, B-3, harpsichord, and melotron.

I know that I can buy good samples of most of these instruments. I figured to get the Pinter melotron disk, I'm open to suggestion on the rest.

I have a DX-7, and cpmputers and good sound cards.

But I'm willing to just buy a keyboard, or a sample player (over the computer) if that is a better answer.

If you needed to do this, what hardware would you use? And are there some prefered sample disks for these instruments? Or is there a better/other solution?

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bill@Welcome Home Studios:

I want to play back piano, B-3, harpsichord, and melotron.

But I'm willing to just buy a keyboard, or a sample player (over the computer) if that is a better answer.

If you needed to do this, what hardware would you use?

Bill

Hi Bill and welcome to The Keyboard Corner where we seem to argue about everything lately. :rolleyes::D <= THERE'S A SMILEY THERE FOLKS. I'M KIDDING AGAIN, OK?

Sheesh...

Anyway, I would like to put my vote in for the Kurzweil PC2 series; either the keyboards or the rack. Add the Classic Keys ROM and the unit will have everything you listed above, and more.

Here is a LINK if you would like more information.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

...welcome to The Keyboard Corner where we seem to argue about everything lately. :rolleyes::D <= THERE'S A SMILEY THERE FOLKS. I'M KIDDING AGAIN, OK?

Sheesh...

Hahahaha. ;)

Maybe we should rename it the KeyBored Corner. :)

Archived