Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Review of MP4 in New Issue

Moon Zero Two

Good job guys - I was disappointed after the review of the MP8 last month that the article didn't mention/compare/contrast with the MP4. Nice job. With all of the new digi stage pianos at the 1100 dollar price point perhaps another shootout is in order?

One thing though: the typo on the first page picture - sometimes spellcheck isn't enough.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Kawai dealer had an ES4 and ES5. To my suprise I liked the ES5 better than the ES4. IMHO the action felt better to me on the ES5.

I was quoted 1400 for the ES4 and over 2,000 for the MP4. I informed them of the Webprice I found on the MP4, they were not willing to match it. So Fagetaboutit.

All in all the ES4 is not bad at all I was expecting more Piano and EP sounds and control over the effects.

The speakers sound good but IMHO not as good as the P250. I also prefered the feel of the p250 and with the String Reso.

In a head to head with the p250 I have to give it to the p250 at this point. IMHO it feels better and I was able to connect with it better.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Since the author of the article was wishing the MP4 had speakers I'm surprised he didn't mention the ES4 which has the same acoustic piano sound and action of the MP4 plus an internal speaker system. Same weight too - 45 lbs, which is about 25lbs lighter than the Yamaha P250. I prefer the sound and feel and lighter weight of the ES4 over the Yamaha P250... the older p250's seemed to have a firmer action than the newer ones, but the Kawai MP4 and ES4 have a good firm, more piano-like action. I also like the ES4's black semi-glossy finish over the silver of the MP4. It's really a nice digital piano for gigging out with.

My Kawai dealer had an ES4 and ES5. To my suprise I liked the ES5 better than the ES4. IMHO the action felt better to me on the ES5.

I was quoted 1400 for the ES4 and over 2,000 for the MP4. I informed them of the Webprice I found on the MP4, they were not willing to match it. So Fagetaboutit.

Isn't this exactly what we were talking about in the other thread? It is hard to find a good store and good service because people go in, try gear, then order online for a few dollers less from a company that does not offer you any way to try out the gear.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

The Service at the Kawai Piano dealer in my area is top notch.

They know there instruments inside and out but I find it hard to belive that they would mark it up that much and not be willing to budge on the price, keyboard mag even had the MP8 at 2400+.

I did not get the latest Keyboard review of the MP4 but what prices have you guys seen on the ES4 and MP4 in the states?

I have seen a couple of the online store starting to carry both the mp4 and mp8

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Archived