Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

Crap.

I had the same difficulties as you, B. Nearly blew it off. Then I realized I had to fill out the little submission form before getting the prompt to join a group.

BTW, my dad, the NCAA hoops fiend, approved of my bracket. I think that is actually a bad luck sign, cause now some 15 will upset a 2 or something.

- Jeff

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC and Pacific in double OT -- we ahve the first classic of the tournament!

BC is an "insider's" favoriteto go far, after their scinitillating peformance in the ACC tournament. I hope they hold on.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

BC and Pacific in double OT -- we ahve the first classic of the tournament!

BC is an "insider's" favoriteto go far, after their scinitillating peformance in the ACC tournament. I hope they hold on.

Looks like Jeff may be the master prognoticator with the BC game. Some upsets are in the air.

Can't believe Pacific took them to 2 OTs.

Okalhoma got beat by an 11 seed.

I picked BC as one of my final 4.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Looks like Jeff may be the master prognoticator with the BC game.

I had BC too... :thu:

I actually did have my picks in, but hadn't joined the group. I'm in now...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I don't get it...I have two wins already, and my ranking says I have 0.

What gives?

dB

Actually you have three right now Dave.

Tennessee, Boston College, and Florida.

I have the same problem. I don't know how they update the scoring. Maybe like the football pool it only updates once in a while.

Anybody know the scoop?

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by Magpel:

I'd like to see a tournament pool in which the points you get for picking a game right = the seed of the winning team. Think about it.

I like the concept.

It's pretty easy to hit 80% on day 1 if you pick all the 1,2,3, and 4 seeds.

If you accurately pick a 15 to beat a 2 you should get 15 points (or at least 13 (15 - 2).

Now that would make things interesting.

Congrats to Musical Accents and Rabid for a fine showing on day 1. :thu:

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

Thanks MidLifeCrisis. I hit 14 out of 16...I somehow do well in these brackets. The key is keeping at least 2-3 of your final four and picking a couple of upsets. I picked two of the 5-12 upsets which is the main difference in points. Now, let's see how horrible I do tomorrow.

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

Im surprised to still be in second. Tennessee was my first killer. I should have known better thank to pick them after they started a nose dive towards the end of the season. They are the only team out of it that I have in my final 8. Kentucky came close to messing me up. I have UCon picked to win it all. But, that would have been OK.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Last minute miny shift of power today has DB now bringing up the rear. Sorry Dave. :(

Hey man - no prob.

I know next to nothing about college hoops, and would have been extremely surprised if my picks/guesses/shots in the dark had amounted to anything meaningful at all. :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Rabid:

Im surprised to still be in second. Tennessee was my first killer. I should have known better thank to pick them after they started a nose dive towards the end of the season. They are the only team out of it that I have in my final 8. Kentucky came close to messing me up. I have UCon picked to win it all. But, that would have been OK.

Robert

Rabid-

You have a very good chance of winning the bracket, even though I'm up by 2, which doesn't mean much. My bracket is all jacked up because my other Final team is now out. Ohio State killed me to death. That's what I get for listening to SportsRadio and trusting the so-called "Bracket Busters". Anyways, I think you have me on the ropes. Here are some of the scenarios that I'm routing for:

1) Conneticut losing in semi-finals

2) Villanova wins out and makes it to the finals

3) Georgetown to take out Florida

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

Hey, have either Billy Packer and Jim Nantz made a public apology to Craig Littlepage? They should. They were showboating. And they sank.

This has been a great tournament, and a historic one: the so-called Mid-majors are going to get a lot more serious consideration for at large bids in the years to come.

And they funny thing is they don't even look like cincderellas. George Mason was just better than UNC. Bradley flat out outplayed two high seeds, including one that I had going to the final 4.

It's a funny situation in our pool: Rabid as one might expect has the highest ceiling with 170 points. He's way ahead of all of us in that category. but coming in a surprising second is RockXtreme with 160,

And dB, the guy in last, has a higher possible points ceiling than M.A., the guy in first.

i.e., there's a lot of action ahead...

Archived