Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electro: expression and leslie speed

Milt

I hate the fact that playing Hammond patches on the Electro ties up both my feet if I want constant control of both leslie speed and expression.

My first Hammond was an almost unspeakably awful B-200 transistor model, but it did get one thing right: the expression pedal had a little switch mounted vertically on the left side, so you could easily change the Leslie speed without changing the position of your right foot.

Would it be possible to construct something similar for the Electro? I guess it's just a case of mounting a simple sustain switch (like a Roland DP2) to the top half of an expression pedal. Can anyone think of a way to do that?

R.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hammond makes a switch/pedal like that for the XK-3. It terminates on a DIN connector, but I imagine anyone with a bit of soldering skill could make a female DIN-to- 2 1/4" phone plug adapter that would make it work with the Electro too, without butchering up the stock cable and connector.

Dunno if the resistance and polarities are compatible though. I've got one on order for my XK-3.

Current live rig: Roland RD700SX, Hammond XK-3 with Leslie System 21, and Muse Receptor. Also a Nord Stage 76 other times instead. And a Roland FP-7 for jazz gigs.

HOME: Kawai MP8 + a bunch of VI's.

I think the Hammond switch was said by someone to be optical, and requires power not easily available to electro users.

That being said, anybody with a bit of mechanical skill can wire up a momentary switch and attach it to an L bracket mounted on the pedal.

Moe

---

Archived