Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CX-3 or Nord Electro2?

Killerloop

Hi.

I could get a new CX-3 for 1100. (3 years old, often played, looks good.)

Or a new Nord Electro for 1900.

Personally i think i would like the Nord Electro 73 more, but is it +800 worth?

Just for organ and then in general.

Becuase i would like to buy the S90ES. Do i need the elctro? (I mean are the Epiano and ClavinetSounds better or really different to the Sounds from the S90ES?)

I know many of you have both of them. what do you think?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion.

If you are going to get an S90ES then you don't need the EP and other sounds from the Electro. Some think the ep in the Electro is better, but you will want the 88 hammer action keys of the S90ES to play piano and ep sounds and those sounds are very good in the S90ES. Some may also like the organ in the electro better than the CX-3 but the CX-3 has real drawbars. Multiple sets so you can connect the S90 to it and use it as a second manual.

So me, I would go with the CS-3 and put the money you save towards the S90ES.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I own an Electro and an S90. I prefer the S90 EPs most of the time as I just find them more expressive than the Electro's. I also dislike playing EPs on the Electro keyboard, but it's fine for clavs and organ. The clav is much better on the Electro. The other advantage of the Electro is its size/weight. It's a very nice rehearsal keyboard when you don't want to lug something heavy but it covers most of the bases (ac piano, eps, clavs, organ) for rehearsal.

But, if you mainly need organ, then the CX3 would be the better choice.

Busch.

Thanks. Today i tried the Electro.

The Electro is much cheaper than the CX-3 and much easier in weight. And it doesn't look like an organ.

How could it be that i liked the Electro in playing organ more than the CX-3????

I think there is less noise in the electro. and the sound has more pressure. and the CX-3 as so unnatural high loudness in bass (wheter i reduced it on EQ)

I like the action of the Electro more than the one of the cx-3 too)

Would you say, just for organ!! is the Electro at the same Level like the CX-3?

Thanks

I love the CX-3 on more than one level, including a great full tone and the overdrive. Also the Leslie sim is very good. But, between the two I think I'd get the Electro for its versatility, weight, and the fact that it's not a one trick pony.

HTH.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

I have had an electro for about 10 days now. I used it in a demo our band made last week and I just got the demo cd back. I could not believe how good the B3 emulation sounds. It just ran straight into the board. I had taken the Electro instead of my XK3 just because it's new and light. Worked great. I think if I just had one board I'd keep the electro.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

If you are planning on having the ES90 as well I would add the CX3. When comparing presets I initially prefered the Electro but once I started customizing patches I thought the Korg was superior in sound and especially the Leslie sim. The presets on the Korg are generally too clean sounding.

I have a Motif ES8 and a CX3 combo and it rocks. Altough if I could find something that would do both piano and organ well and not have to pack the 78 lb. ES around I think I could be very happy. Oh Oh GAS coming on!! That new Nord Stage isn't multi timbral now is it?

I just got done doing a studio album with my band where I used both my Nord Electro and the real B3/Leslie that the studio provided. On one track I used the B3, and I used the Nord organ on some other tracks because they required me to switch patches. I had planned on using the Nord organ parts as throwaways, and overdub with the B3 (after all, if you have a B3, why not use it?). After listening back, the Nord organ emulation sounded so amazing that I left the tracks alone. I would still take a B3 over the Nord any day, but the Nord more than gets the job done IMO.

I've played the CX3 and didn't find better in any way than the Nord. I would call their organ emulations equal. So, in short, I would chose the Nord anyway, even if organ is the only thing you want. Plus, I much prefer the Nord's electric pianos to those of the 90ES. I find the Nord eps to be a lot more authentic, especially because of the edit-ability of the "virtual pickups" in relationship to the string/tine. Just like in an actual Wurlitzer/Rhodes where you can physically move the pickups to change the tone.

Archived